Earl's Repair Service in Tewksbury, MA

I've been lusting after Walther p99s lately and it appears that Earl's Repair Service in Tewksbury is the only alternative to S&W as far as importing Walther guns and accessories. Their web site lists lots of Walther goodness, but at very high prices. Jack at Collector's Gallery told me he'd look into Earl's wholesale pricing on a P99 AS for me, as S&W no longer imports the P99 with the SA/DA trigger.

I need to check this place out. Has anyone been there?

I can't comment on Earl's but I can offer an alternative. I have a German Walther P99 for sale. Two-tone, OD and black, 5 MA legal hi-caps and two holsters for $550.

P99-1.jpg

Two of the hi-caps in this pic are already gone.

I have been to Earl's and it was quite an experience....

But first - nice deal FPrice. I'd jump on it if I didn't have one already

When you arrive at the address listed on Earl's website (it's actually off the main road), you find nothing but an old, red barn with a sign that says "Earl's Repair Service" and something about fixing motors, transmissions, etc. When I was there (couple of years ago) there were some small boats on the side of the barn, and that was it.

If you wander around the barn, you find a large door on the street side with no markings whatsoever. When you step inside, you see another door with the "WALTHER" name on it.

Now comes the fun part. Step through the door and you enter a small room with a low ceiling that appears to be lined with tin foil - I kid you not. No satellite thermal imaging for this place! There is an L-shaped, glass top counter filled with Walther stuff, and behind it a number of large gun safes.

This is the ultimate in stealth gun shops. To be honest, I don't think his primary focus is on walk-in customers, so there's really no need for a fancy store. And although I enjoyed the experience, most of the guns and accessories were way over-priced compared to what you could buy elsewhere online or at gun shows. Of course, I'm not sure how much all of this has changed in the time since I visited.

But, definitely go - it's a hoot!

KK

Yeah, Jack just told me that I should check out Earl's shop. Nothing but Walthers and high-end Korths. Prices are absolutley top line too...Jack can't do better than $800 for a NIB P99 from Earl's.

FPrice, you have mail.

Anyone dealt with Earl lately?

I bought some Walther parts there not terribly long ago. No complaints. Their prices on high-end Walther target guns didn't seem insane, but that was just before the dollar took a nosedive. (And way before it started coming back.)

I have been to Earl's and it was quite an experience....

But first - nice deal FPrice. I'd jump on it if I didn't have one already

When you arrive at the address listed on Earl's website (it's actually off the main road), you find nothing but an old, red barn with a sign that says "Earl's Repair Service" and something about fixing motors, transmissions, etc. When I was there (couple of years ago) there were some small boats on the side of the barn, and that was it.

If you wander around the barn, you find a large door on the street side with no markings whatsoever. When you step inside, you see another door with the "WALTHER" name on it.

Now comes the fun part. Step through the door and you enter a small room with a low ceiling that appears to be lined with tin foil - I kid you not. No satellite thermal imaging for this place! There is an L-shaped, glass top counter filled with Walther stuff, and behind it a number of large gun safes.

This is the ultimate in stealth gun shops. To be honest, I don't think his primary focus is on walk-in customers, so there's really no need for a fancy store. And although I enjoyed the experience, most of the guns and accessories were way over-priced compared to what you could buy elsewhere online or at gun shows. Of course, I'm not sure how much all of this has changed in the time since I visited.

But, definitely go - it's a hoot!

KK

I would say your description is pretty much the way I remember it when I went.
He does have a variety of Walther arms and I forget the name of the revolvers but they are very nice & expensive.
It is worth checking him out although as others have said his prices are on the high side.

I would say your description is pretty much the way I remember it when I went.
He does have a variety of Walther arms and I forget the name of the revolvers but they are very nice & expensive.
It is worth checking him out although as others have said his prices are on the high side.
Korth IIRC and expensive is putting it mildly,$3-$K for a revolver......not in my lifetime.

I live about 1 1/2 miles from his shop and have only been in there once. Earl seems like a pleasant older guy. I believe the previous poster was right about him not doing a lot of walk-in business but could be wrong. There was a young guy in there at the time, mostly just hanging out it seemed and another friend of Earl's popped in when I was leaving. I'd give him a shot at doing your sights.

The shop driveway is on Helevitia Street even though the shop address is on Chandler St. Look for the red barn type building with the boat repair shop that shares the place with him. Anyway, WeedWhacker, it's not that far to drive from where you live.

I live about 1 1/2 miles from his shop and have only been in there once. Earl seems like a pleasant older guy. I believe the previous poster was right about him not doing a lot of walk-in business but could be wrong. There was a young guy in there at the time, mostly just hanging out it seemed and another friend of Earl's popped in when I was leaving. I'd give him a shot at doing your sights.

The shop driveway is on Helevitia Street even though the shop address is on Chandler St. Look for the red barn type building with the boat repair shop that shares the place with him. Anyway, WeedWhacker, it's not that far to drive from where you live.

Just bumping this thread - anyone have any experience with Earl's recently? How amenable is the shop to walk-in customers?

Shop is no longer there he moved south better part of a few years back....that said I have done business with him over the years always good luck...Just don't try and convinces him that Walther America is better than Walther Germany.

I have just recently done some mail order with him for some hard to find accessory's and parts. 2/20/19

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom