Eames lounge chair

Anyone own an authentic Eames lounge chair by herman miller, thoughts? Worth getting? Anyone have one they don't want :)

They are spectacular and worth it. DWR still does an annual Herman Miller sale. There are some designs that knock offs are fine (have some 25 dollar Eames side chairs that are great for what they are) but the Eames lounges are not one that I would waste money on. If you are looking for a deal try to find a second hand version. Some of the older ones have really beautiful Brazilian rosewood that cant be imported anymore athough those will probably demand collector values.

Last edited:
I might be showing my “caveman” here, only in the last couple years did I finally buy a bed frame and move my mattress off the floor, but what is a lounge chair? Is that for inside or outside? Honest question, I’ve never heard of these Eames things.

i saved a copy of that post, it was too good to let fade away. 50 bucks put in my paypal account or i repost it. [devil]
How about 2 rolls of TP, 4.5oz's of Purell and 7 rounds of 9mm practice ammo instead...?

The used ones are going up in value, I could have sworn when I was looking at them ~10 years ago they were $3000 new

I have a 70’s version knock off somebody gave me I love it sit in it every night after diner .
If money was no object I would buy an original
DB82DBD0-15F7-4F38-B73C-E29A071463D4.jpeg

The knock-offs are a lot cheaper and you can't tell the difference
False. You can 100% tell the difference.

Materials, craftsmanship, and the actual angle of the recline are“off”.

It’s like buying a knockoff Rolex. Nobody who owns a real one would say you can’t tell the difference. Visually you may be able to fool people but what’s the point of that?

I remember studying a lot of these chairs in school, fantastic pieces of art. Im partial to the Barcelona Chair. As soon as I can justify it, im buying one.

False. You can 100% tell the difference.

Materials, craftsmanship, and the actual angle of the recline are“off”.

It’s like buying a knockoff Rolex. Nobody who owns a real one would say you can’t tell the difference. Visually you may be able to fool people but what’s the point of that?
I think it depends on the quality of a replica, seems some have the molds they are allowed to use from Herman Miller.

Back
Top Bottom