E fa 10 ?

It seems to me that the only thing I need to save is the transaction number. I've done a couple of these and always go out of my way to get a copy of the transaction printed or saved as pdf. My computer always gives me the page needing a password to print, which means I have to print each process along the way.

So my question is why do I need anything but the transaction number which I can write down along with the persons name and ltc# and maybe town? Thoughts.

Not sure of your question? Are you saying you cant print the final form and you want to know if you can just keep a copy of the transaction number if someone comes knocking on your door about a sale you made?
If you cant print from the application you should be able to do a screenshot and print that by pasting to WORD etc.

I end up just PDFing the final completed form - I don't need to enter a password thought to print it (?) is that because you are on a work computer?

The password thing is a known glitch in the website that others also have had. I use a mac and it seems to happen more to these machines. When you click the link to print confirmation it then asks for a password and you can't print or return to the page, this notice is from the website not my computer. I can print before you hit the confirmation link, but the conf# is not on this page.

Narrowing down my question, why would I need anything other than the transaction # if someone asked questions later?

Always have issues using a Mac on that site. I just enter the required info and I'm done? I'm pretty sure thats what is required by me?

I too have had this problem multiple times over the past three years. Upon verifying the transaction, a CONFIRMATION page stating that a successfully submitted transaction took place and displaying the transaction number (in bold) and a button reading, "Print Transaction". Clicking the "Print Transaction" button results in the display of a page asking for a password. I've encountered this exact problem at least twice on Macs and once was on a PC. This particular instance occurred in July, 2013. It took 8 calls and over 45 minutes to reach someone at the FRB using the number displayed on their website, 617-660-4782. All this while sitting at the computer in the Seller's living room. After being repeatedly connected to voicemail, I lucked out and a representative of the FRB answered the phone. He reported to me that the issue that we were having, described above, are a known and indicated that he was unaware of any plans to rectify it. I was also told that if I want a paper copy mailed to me, that I would need to email the following information along with a written request to the FRB:
Name
DOB
LTC#
Driver's LIC. #
Transaction#
Serial#

This seems like an awful lot of information to be transmitting in an unsecured email. I will say that the representative that I spoke with was courteous and helpful. He even provided me with his direct email address to send the request to.

Back
Top Bottom