• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dutch Shooting

Dutch news sources; Utrecht tram shooter was out on bail for rape

'The main suspect in the Utrecht tram shooting has a criminal record and was released from jail ahead of his trial for rape on March 1, the Dutch courts have confirmed. The Midden Nederland court, which covers Utrecht and Flevoland, issued a statement on Tuesday afternoon stating that Gökmen Tanis had been charged with rape in July 2017 but was released from custody that September to await trial. However, after failing to meet the terms of his release he was picked up again in January this year, and went to court several times asking to be let go. On March 1 ‘in line with the standpoint of the defence and the public prosecution department he was released under licence’ the statement said.

Since then Tanis has been sentenced to two weeks in jail for shoplifting and four months for burglary but neither case was definitive, the statement said. Neither crime would merit being remanded in custody, broadcaster NOS said. The court also confirmed that in 2014, Tanis was jailed for 150 days, 149 suspended, for the illegal possession of a gun and attempted robbery but was found not guilty of attempted murder.

Parliament Asked by MPs during a debate on Tuesday afternoon why Tanis was out of jail, justice minister Ferd Grapperhaus said he understood the question but had no answers at present.'

Sweet Jesus help me understand :confused:

Now I know where MA gets its sentencing ideas:

Tanis was jailed for 150 days, 149 suspended, for the illegal possession of a gun and attempted robbery but was found not guilty of attempted murder.

Dutch news sources; Utrecht tram shooter was out on bail for rape

'The main suspect in the Utrecht tram shooting has a criminal record and was released from jail ahead of his trial for rape on March 1, the Dutch courts have confirmed. The Midden Nederland court, which covers Utrecht and Flevoland, issued a statement on Tuesday afternoon stating that Gökmen Tanis had been charged with rape in July 2017 but was released from custody that September to await trial. However, after failing to meet the terms of his release he was picked up again in January this year, and went to court several times asking to be let go. On March 1 ‘in line with the standpoint of the defence and the public prosecution department he was released under licence’ the statement said.

Since then Tanis has been sentenced to two weeks in jail for shoplifting and four months for burglary but neither case was definitive, the statement said. Neither crime would merit being remanded in custody, broadcaster NOS said. The court also confirmed that in 2014, Tanis was jailed for 150 days, 149 suspended, for the illegal possession of a gun and attempted robbery but was found not guilty of attempted murder.

Parliament Asked by MPs during a debate on Tuesday afternoon why Tanis was out of jail, justice minister Ferd Grapperhaus said he understood the question but had no answers at present.'

Sweet Jesus help me understand :confused:
Dutch gun laws are notoriously strict. Even licensed bodyguards are not allowed to carry them. When author Leroy Thompson was a professional bodyguard in Europe during the 1970s, an assignment took him to Amsterdam, where he was part of a close-protection team for a wealthy executive client whose name he did not disclose. He did not want to be completely unarmed, so he purchased a pair of large lockblade folders, placing one in each side pocket of his suitcoat. I recommend his book, "Dead Clients Don't Pay". Fascinating read and gives insights about how strict European laws concerning firearms and other weapons really are.

Netherlands has strict gun laws. Nobody but police can own them. Shooter was a convicted criminal. So much for "tough" gun laws. The bad ass felons simply ignore them. Nothing new here. Liberal anti-gun lawmakers never learn, do they?

Where did you get this information? Completely false that only the police can own them.

I always thought "Dutch Shooting" was when someone offered to buy the ammo if you would supply the gun...

Netherlands has strict gun laws. Nobody but police can own them. Shooter was a convicted criminal. So much for "tough" gun laws. The bad ass felons simply ignore them. Nothing new here. Liberal anti-gun lawmakers never learn, do they?

They don't care about criminals using guns, it's just an excuse to tell the sheep when you disarm them.

Where did you get this information? Completely false that only the police can own them.
Handguns are police only. Single shot hunting rifles and shotguns might do for hunters and sport shooters, but these types of guns are worthless to close-protection teams guarding VIPs. According to Thompson, that is the reality there. He should know. He operated there. I never even visited Europe, so it is not my place to contradict him.

So a Muslim immigrant and criminal shoots a dozen people killing three in the Netherlands. A Muslim immigrant and criminal hijacks a bus full of children and sets it on fire (fortunately all escaped, apparently Italy has better police than NZ) in Italy. Muslim groups kill hundreds in Nigeria already this year. Muslim terrorists bomb a church killing 20 in the Philippines. An Eco-fascist kills 49 Muslims in New Zealand.

But there’s definitely a right wing Islamophobic extremism issue. Right...

So a Muslim immigrant and criminal shoots a dozen people killing three in the Netherlands. A Muslim immigrant and criminal hijacks a bus full of children and sets it on fire (fortunately all escaped, apparently Italy has better police than NZ) in Italy. Muslim groups kill hundreds in Nigeria already this year. Muslim terrorists bomb a church killing 20 in the Philippines. An Eco-fascist kills 49 Muslims in New Zealand.

But there’s definitely a right wing Islamophobic extremism issue. Right...

If right wing terror was a real thing, maybe the libs would be scared of it and start sucking up to the right wing?

Handguns are police only. Single shot hunting rifles and shotguns might do for hunters and sport shooters, but these types of guns are worthless to close-protection teams guarding VIPs. According to Thompson, that is the reality there. He should know. He operated there. I never even visited Europe, so it is not my place to contradict him.

and who is thompson lmao. I am dutch so I think i would probably know better? you can buy ar-15's.

VIP protection is a special service from the military police or police BSB/DKDB

Groot kaliber geweren - Wapens - Wapenhandel Kuiper

Last edited:
Leroy Thompson
and who is thompson lmao. I am dutch so I think i would probably know better? you can buy ar-15's.

VIP protection is a special service from the military police or police BSB/DKDB

Groot kaliber geweren - Wapens - Wapenhandel Kuiper
Leroy Thompson is an American ex-military bodyguard, instructor and author who worked out of London in the 1970s. His assignments took him all over the world. He protected wealthy businessmen and their families from terrorists and kidnappers, who were a real threat in Europe at that time. His clients were not heads of state, so they would not receive protection from elite police units like the one you describe. Until he became a candidate and eventually President, Donald Trump relied on his personal bodyguards. He did not receive Secret Service protection prior to that.

Leroy Thompson

Leroy Thompson is an American ex-military bodyguard, instructor and author who worked out of London in the 1970s. His assignments took him all over the world. He protected wealthy businessmen and their families from terrorists and kidnappers, who were a real threat in Europe at that time. His clients were not heads of state, so they would not receive protection from elite police units like the one you describe. Until he became a candidate and eventually President, Donald Trump relied on his personal bodyguards. He did not receive Secret Service protection prior to that.

interesting but he was wrong in regards to firearm ownership . Can you carry for self defense no but a civilian who has a hunting/license can buy a large assortment of firearms . plenty of americans go there to hunt as well

Handguns
interesting but he was wrong in regards to firearm ownership . Can you carry for self defense no but a civilian who has a hunting/license can buy a large assortment of firearms . plenty of americans go there to hunt as well
Close-protection teams use handguns as their primary weapons. You might be able to own a .50 BMG bolt-action rifle in the Netherlands, but it would be worthless to a bodyguard who operates in close quarters. While operating in Portugal, Thompson was restricted to handguns of .32 caliber or less. His choice there was a Beretta .32 ACP that carried a 12 round magazine.

Handguns
Close-protection teams use handguns as their primary weapons. You might be able to own a .50 BMG bolt-action rifle in the Netherlands, but it would be worthless to a bodyguard who operates in close quarters. While operating in Portugal, Thompson was restricted to handguns of .32 caliber or less. His choice there was a Beretta .32 ACP that carried a 12 round magazine.

handguns are also legal

Back
Top Bottom