• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dust cover

I would not let this day pass without thanking this great guy here!

I have to thank Chris for being so patient with me with my question about where or which part of the pistol [semi-autos] I could find the "dust cover". What a funny question, isnt it? but, that was a legitimate question!

Thanks Chris and thanks to Nickel as well.

And before the question is asked...

1911.jpeg

The "Dust Cover" is what you call the piece of metal that extends to the left in this photo. It is a 'cover' over the recoil spring and the under side of the slide.

Sorry folks! Chris has to disassemble his pistol to show me where to find that dust cover! I was about to call up my dealer and ask for that dust cover that should have been included with my newly purchased Steyr M9! That dust cover was there all this time. Somebody cleverly placed it there that I didnt notice it! :D

hiram_Abiff said:
Sorry folks! Chris has to disassemble his pistol to show me where to find that dust cover! I was about to call up my dealer and ask for that dust cover that should have been included with my newly purchased Steyr M9! That dust cover was there all this time. Somebody cleverly placed it there that I didnt notice it! :D

Knowing Chris, he probably relished the chance to pull apart his beautiful gun, just like he used to do with his toys when he was a tot. :)

Cross-X said:
hiram_Abiff said:

Knowing Chris, he probably relished the chance to pull apart his beautiful gun, just like he used to do with his toys when he was a tot. :)

aha! :D

To be complete in the definition of 'dustcover', you must specify handgun or rifle... you did.... you specified handgun, but how many know that the Japanese Arisaka T99 - the main battle rifle of WWII- had a dust cover over the bolt ? One that stayed on while the bolt was being used.

I didn't know until I bought mine - without it. So anyone know where I can get one?

webara1.jpg

webara2.jpg

webara3.jpg

Pilgrim said:
but how many know that the Japanese Arisaka T99 - the main battle rifle of WWII- had a dust cover over the bolt ? One that stayed on while the bolt was being used.

I didn't know until I bought mine - without it. So anyone know where I can get one?

I did, actually. I seem to remember that it was pretty noisy - not fitted well, so it was loose - and most soldiers got rid of it. As to where? eBay, gunbroker, gunsamerica, etc?

Pilgrim said:
how many know that the Japanese Arisaka T99 - the main battle rifle of WWII- had a dust cover over the bolt ? One that stayed on while the bolt was being used.

I did too and good luck finding one. But they are out there

Back
Top Bottom