Dura coated my Glock

Combat Black on the slide & Combat Green on frame.
DSC05169.jpg

DSC05162.jpg

DSC05167.jpg

oh cool.

reason i asked is i've seen this place in Tulsa (i think) and they have a website offering the same work.

looks good, i considered getting some work done, but have since applied my efforts to buying more guns. [laugh]

looks great. how easy? looking forward to hearing how it holds up. id love to blast my 23 with tan or something

looks great. how easy? looking forward to hearing how it holds up. id love to blast my 23 with tan or something

Pretty easy. Just need to do good prep work.This is the 4th gun I've done. My warthog was carried daily for about 8 months and had 2 little wear spot , one on the outside edge of the thumb saftey and a corner on the edge of the slide .It was where it rubbed on the leather part of my Crossbreed holster.

now you've gone and peak'd my interest.

cost? difficulty? interest in doing another one?

i think i saw your wart hog, that thing looked good!

i'd be interested in an unofficial class... i'd buy my supplies in advance...

i'd probably try it with my M&P 40 or SA XD-9...

now you've gone and peak'd my interest.

cost? difficulty? interest in doing another one?

i think i saw your wart hog, that thing looked good!

i'd be interested in an unofficial class... i'd buy my supplies in advance...

i'd probably try it with my M&P 40 or SA XD-9...
More than happy to help you out. PM me and we can figure it out.
That one wasn't mine .This was mine [smile]
DSC03487_edited.jpg

and this one too.
DSC05173.jpg

Those look great. Now something else I am going to research. The more and more time I spend reading, the more I realize I know so little.

Dura-coat is the two-part resin/hardener that is applied with an air-brush, correct? How much does a basic set-up cost?

Dura-coat is the two-part resin/hardener that is applied with an air-brush, correct? How much does a basic set-up cost?

http://www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/

2 part firearm finish that can be applied by basically any sprayer. I use an airbrush and i add a touch of reducer to make it spray a little better with my airbrush.

You can do it pretty cheap. You can by their kits with an airbrush and can propellant or you can buy the same stuff at a crafts store. I blast my pieces with alumn oxide ,but I believe you can sand parts with grit paper also.

If anyone in CT is intersted in doing one, I have a set up all ready to go. Air brishes and paint booth all ready. You purchase your color and I will spray it on for you. I need a few things done around the house. Like I need some pylwood to rebuild my booth. We can barter

Tackleberry painted a 10/22 receiver for me and it looks great. I keep meaning to post pictures, but never seem to get around to it. I will try tomorrow....

Back
Top Bottom