Dura Bake or similar Refinishing Service

I have an older AR-15 stripped upper and lower that I am looking to build from, but they were allowed to remain in a moisture rich enviornment (basement) for an extended period and could really use a new finish before I put the work into building a gun around them.

I was wondering if anyone here offered or knows someone who offers a refinishing service using Dura Bake or similar ceramic impregnated epoxy finish. While at some point, I'd like to learn to do this myself, I don't have the time to devote to that part of the project at the moment.

If you offer such services, please contact me so we can discuss.

BTW: I'm in Southern, NH and don't currently have an MA LTC, so I can't transport a stripped AR lower or lower in MA.

i remember talking about this before for mags. i still have some perma-slik G left over, but i haven't yet gotten into the duracoat/durabake stuff. i'm also interested in whether anyone does this.

PM lsbbigdog on the forum. He does both dura coat (air dry) and cera coat (air dry and baked). I have seen a bunch of his stuff and he does a great job.

www.businessendcustoms.com
i second it,
Lou, @ business end customs,he's in peabody ma.
he did a preban ar15 for me last year,he did a great job!
i have before and after pics if you want to see it,
i would definitely use him again,great guy to deal with,fast turn around time,and he enjoys doing it,you can tell,
you can also mail the project to him,"because its a repair"
well anyway,hes you man.

I have an older AR-15 stripped upper and lower that I am looking to build from, but they were allowed to remain in a moisture rich enviornment (basement) for an extended period and could really use a new finish before I put the work into building a gun around them.

I was wondering if anyone here offered or knows someone who offers a refinishing service using Dura Bake or similar ceramic impregnated epoxy finish. While at some point, I'd like to learn to do this myself, I don't have the time to devote to that part of the project at the moment.

If you offer such services, please contact me so we can discuss.

BTW: I'm in Southern, NH and don't currently have an MA LTC, so I can't transport a stripped AR lower or lower in MA.

Cerakote is not hard to do if you have the tools.
Media blast with a certain grit media.
Clean
Spray
Bake

I actually think it might be ok for you to come into MA with a lower.
Federally they are considered firearms but MA does not.

s0zaqc.jpg

All the firearms pictured here were Cerakoted in my oven at home.
Tactical Gray on the 870, the AR and the M&P.
FDE on the AR

www.businessendcustoms.com
i second it,
Lou, @ business end customs,he's in peabody ma.
he did a preban ar15 for me last year,he did a great job!
i have before and after pics if you want to see it,
i would definitely use him again,great guy to deal with,fast turn around time,and he enjoys doing it,you can tell,
you can also mail the project to him,"because its a repair"
well anyway,hes you man.

Lou is in Tewksbury MA. Even closer to the NH border.

Back
Top Bottom