• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

dumba@@

Roof gets in way of man trying to rid himself of gun

By Jim Patten
[email protected]

LAWRENCE — When police cornered a man with a gun on the porch at 107 Margin St., he threw the gun in the air as if to get rid of it. But the gun bounced off the ceiling of the porch and back into his hands as officers trained their .40-caliber service weapons on him.

The officers were sent to the address about 12:46 a.m. yesterday, after police received a report of a man with a gun. When they arrived, they spotted Jose Pichardo, 32, of 50 Camella Teoli Way beside the building. When he spotted the officers, he ran onto the porch and hid his hands from the officers.

The officers drew their guns and ordered him to show his hands but he did not.

One of the officers could see Pichardo was holding a shiny, metal object in his hands and he suddenly threw it in the air. It hit the ceiling and fell back into his hands.

As officers moved in on Pichardo, he threw the gun a second time and managed to get it off the porch. Officers found it on the ground behind the porch.

The gun was a silver revolver loaded with three bullets, police said.

Pichardo was arrested and charged with carrying a firearm without a license, possession of a loaded firearm and possession of ammunition without a firearms identification card.

Police said while Pichardo was being booked he repeatedly stated that no gun was found on him, that he would see the officers at trial and that he had a good lawyer.

http://www.eagletribune.com/punews/local_story_280222618.html

Aside from being a complete tool, he was not charged with tresspassing, breaking and entering, attempted armed robbery, etc. A private citizen on private property - why were phoquing cops there to begin with?

Police said while Pichardo was being booked he repeatedly stated that no gun was found on him, that he would see the officers at trial and that he had a good lawyer.

The only thing missing from this statement is the obligatory: "You can't treat me like this, I pay your salary! I know my rights!"
[rofl]

Aside from being a complete tool, he was not charged with tresspassing, breaking and entering, attempted armed robbery, etc. A private citizen on private property - why were phoquing cops there to begin with?

Apparently it was a "man with a gun" call. Probably showed it off to someone who wasn't so enamored with it.

-Mike

The officers were sent to the address about 12:46 a.m. yesterday, after police received a report of a man with a gun.

There are plenty of men with guns in this state (perhaps not enough). Are they going to call the cops on all of us?

Back
Top Bottom