• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dumb wannabe gun owners say

It's not a complete confirmation, but the age in his profile (based on the last updated date) correlates with the age DoctorRain posted in the OP of the thread I linked...

They really might be the same person.

When I dug deeper I found a posting about him growing up in Lowell with his Father so that was the cincher for me. I also found him posting on a site about social anxiety and how he never gets positive feedback on his postings. I would hypothesize that he was probably off his meds when he did that 2 am rant.

Two questions, is his name Robert and did he create this webpage?

http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm

HJWawLk.gif

so not the same guy, but a passing acquaintance I met this weekend - he noticed my USMC sniper shirt a friend gave to me - "you can run, but you'll just die tired"

- oh you shoot?
yep
-Cool! I collect guns
cool, what do you have
-Man, I just got a SAW
an M249?
-Oh I don't know the model, but its the gun from Blackhawk down
really? you own a squad automatic weapon?
-yeah, its ****in cool, too, holds 10,000 rounds
10,000 rounds?

before I got too in depth, I realized it was an airsoft.

oh, you have an airsoft gun, that's cool, man. They make some realistic looking guns (trying to be nice)
- dude, I keep it by the bed in case someone breaks in. this thing will totally **** someone up.
Yeah, that way if he comes at you, you can really offend him with little red welts.

OK, that was a tad harsh, he ended up sulking away like an idiot.

so not the same guy, but a passing acquaintance I met this weekend - he noticed my USMC sniper shirt a friend gave to me - "you can run, but you'll just die tired"

- oh you shoot?
yep
-Cool! I collect guns
cool, what do you have
-Man, I just got a SAW
an M249?
-Oh I don't know the model, but its the gun from Blackhawk down
really? you own a squad automatic weapon?
-yeah, its ****in cool, too, holds 10,000 rounds
10,000 rounds?

before I got too in depth, I realized it was an airsoft.

oh, you have an airsoft gun, that's cool, man. They make some realistic looking guns (trying to be nice)
- dude, I keep it by the bed in case someone breaks in. this thing will totally **** someone up.
Yeah, that way if he comes at you, you can really offend him with little red welts.

OK, that was a tad harsh, he ended up sulking away like an idiot.

Pew Pew Pew

My father, father in law, and grandfather (all combat vets).....as I am now.........all told me that those who have seen the "most" talk about it the "least".
I've noticed that, too. Although sometimes they like to tell the funny stories about their service. Combat? They don't talk about it and I don't ask.

I went to school with a kid who told everyone he had lived in Japan and trained with a ninja clan. He was a skinny quiet kid with coke bottle glasses.

If you pressed him for details, he would weave a very elaborate, consistent and somehow believable tale. He was very stoic and would take the bullying without blinking an eye.

Junior year some big dude who was one of the school tough guys made the mistake of punching him in the face. Ninja boy proceeded to beat the ever loving shit out of the guy.

I'm not saying his stories were true (though I guess they could be) but he definately knew some martial arts.
Stuff like that does make you wonder, doesn't it?

I worked with a guy who was shot six times in the chest and lived, funny he didn't mention it until one day he took off his shirt during a lunchtime basketball game. Ho Lee Shit, what a mess.

Cowboy took his shirt off one really hot summer day when we were unloading a bike and I asked him wtf had happened to his stomach/chest. Buckshot. Then he grinned and said something about it being a good thing that his brothers were there in the hospital with him when they came back to finish the job.

Wait. Robocop 1 or 2?

I wore a Glock USA T shirt to the office today. I had to be in for 5AM to open, so I really didn't give a rat's ass. Our former warehouse manager is now a delivery driver, so I saw this clown first.

"oh I have guns too. I shoot in competitions."

Really (this guy is full of shit always, so I wanted to hear what he had to say) what kinds of shoots do you do? I was thinking of getting into practical shooting one of these days.

"military matches, tactical matches."

Oh, what associations?

"military ones." (the guy never was in the military, but did tell me he was trained as a ninja, ate deer hearts for the antibiotic properties and that his mother is an Indian Medicine woman.

-Ah, yes, the military ones. What kind of weapon are you running?

"I had it custom made. Its a Colt .45, compensated with a 3 round burst."

-Huh?

"Its just like the one on Robocop."

- you own and compete with the gun Robocop used?

"yeah, the same one!"

I didn't call him out on it. The kid is so full of shit, his eyes are brown. Either way, great fiction.

This guy who a friend of mine and I took shooting claimed he was a vietnam vet. (he was some guy from his work, don't even remember his name)

I don't remember all the crap that guy spewed but this is the best part...

We had (between my friend and I) two ARs and two AKs. There was lots of bloviation from this guy about the M16 blah blah blah.. (I forgot it all, because honestly whenever I hear that stuff, I usually just tune it right out subconciously, as I don't want to become dumber just from hearing it).

Anyways, during a lull in the shooting this guy proceeds to stuff a whole bunch of 7.62 x 39 rounds in a 20 round AR mag. And to top it off... they were in backwards. I literally facepalmed when I saw it. At least it never made it to be inserted into a rifle.

-Mike

Must have been this chicks brother.
14400944288.jpg

Back
Top Bottom