• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dumb wannabe gun owners say

Memo to Angelking: You are not messing with him, he is messing with YOU!

[rofl]

Looking for the thread where someone is saying: "You won't believe the look on this coworkers face when I tell him this stuff. Listen to this, ...".

I had the pleasure of working with a guy like this. I remember haveing a convo with him about football and im sure you know what comes next. Sure enough he told me his uncle was the owner of gillette stadium. He told me he can get me year round tix to sit in the vip box lol. Then another time he told me he had a few weeks to buy some gear becauze he is going to be getting a new job on a boat from deadliest catch the cornial marie rofl. This guy was very amusing.

I don't think being full of **** is specific to a particular group. It sounds like he just wants to impress you but is tragic.

I used to ride with a Staff Sergeant who liked to tell how he was shot in the chest three times with a .357 Magnum and lived. Never showed anyone the scars, and no one ever asked to see them. Some of his stories were entertaining, but he was full of ****. If you're a hillbilly, spinning yarns is in your DNA.

I gotta say this though, when it comes to stories, go big or go home. When I was in the USAF, we used to train IDF, but I can't really talk about it. Let's just say that a lot more goes on at Red Flag than you think. [wink]

I have one of these at work. We have started to make stuff up and guess what the response will be. It has turned into a great form of entertainment.

Try making up something so ridiculous and see what happens next. Priceless, I guarantee it.

You are confused by two separate statements in my post?

Statement one: anyone can be full of crap.

Statement two: my Staff Sergeant was a hillbilly. He told lots of stories. Watch a couple of episodes of Duck Dynasty if you don't follow me on this.

I guess I'm not sure if you think I'm contradicting myself or don't get what I'm saying.

sorry, best i can do is a guy (ok kid at the time) who swore that a f-19 steath fighter flew over him at 50' going supersonic (or was it transonic? i forget and its been a few years) while he was fishing in the deleware river about 1000' from the philly airport.... we did keep him digging the whole deeper and deeper for almost 2 hrs before we couldnt handle it anymore...

sorry, best i can do is a guy (ok kid at the time) who swore that a f-19 steath fighter flew over him at 50' going supersonic (or was it transonic? i forget and its been a few years) while he was fishing in the deleware river about 1000' from the philly airport.... we did keep him digging the whole deeper and deeper for almost 2 hrs before we couldnt handle it anymore...

Now if he said he lived at Gaslight Village in Weymouth at the time I might believe him.

I used to ride with a Staff Sergeant who liked to tell how he was shot in the chest three times with a .357 Magnum and lived. Never showed anyone the scars, and no one ever asked to see them.

I worked with a guy who was shot six times in the chest and lived, funny he didn't mention it until one day he took off his shirt during a lunchtime basketball game. Ho Lee Shit, what a mess.

I have shot in the military and tactical competitions and most of the people who compete use full auto single shots, so right away I knew your co-worker was full of crap.

Thanks to this thread and below, two hours and all downhill. I need a life after this.

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
Not sure how this gem didn't pop up.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...y-UPDAT

I went to school with a kid who told everyone he had lived in Japan and trained with a ninja clan. He was a skinny quiet kid with coke bottle glasses.

If you pressed him for details, he would weave a very elaborate, consistent and somehow believable tale. He was very stoic and would take the bullying without blinking an eye.

Junior year some big dude who was one of the school tough guys made the mistake of punching him in the face. Ninja boy proceeded to beat the ever loving shit out of the guy.

I'm not saying his stories were true (though I guess they could be) but he definately knew some martial arts.

Last edited:
I went to school with a kid who told everyone he had lived in Japan and trained with a ninja clan. He was a skinny quiet kid with coke bottle glasses.

If you pressed him for details, he would weave a very elaborate, consistent and somehow believable tale. He was very stoic and would take the bullying without blinking an eye.

Junior year some big dude who was one of the school tough guys made the mistake of punching him in the face. Ninja boy proceeded to beat the ever loving shit out of the guy.

I'm not saying his stories were true (though I guess they could be) but he definately knew some martial arts.

Was it this guy??

Kip-dynamite.jpg

I know a guy who likes to tell anybody who will listen that wasn't in the military about the things that his funny told him in navy boot camp before he was discharged due to a knee injury. He also likes to tell about how somebody fired a shotgun right above his head from six feet away, just missing him

Back
Top Bottom