Dumb wannabe gun owners say

I wore a Glock USA T shirt to the office today. I had to be in for 5AM to open, so I really didn't give a rat's ass. Our former warehouse manager is now a delivery driver, so I saw this clown first.

"oh I have guns too. I shoot in competitions."

Really (this guy is full of shit always, so I wanted to hear what he had to say) what kinds of shoots do you do? I was thinking of getting into practical shooting one of these days.

"military matches, tactical matches."

Oh, what associations?

"military ones." (the guy never was in the military, but did tell me he was trained as a ninja, ate deer hearts for the antibiotic properties and that his mother is an Indian Medicine woman.

-Ah, yes, the military ones. What kind of weapon are you running?

"I had it custom made. Its a Colt .45, compensated with a 3 round burst."

-Huh?

"Its just like the one on Robocop."

- you own and compete with the gun Robocop used?

"yeah, the same one!"

I didn't call him out on it. The kid is so full of shit, his eyes are brown. Either way, great fiction.

you should have said only a punk bitch uses the robocop gun and that all the cool guys in the pro shooting circuit use the one and the training from the movie equilibirum.

I wore a Glock USA T shirt to the office today. I had to be in for 5AM to open, so I really didn't give a rat's ass. Our former warehouse manager is now a delivery driver, so I saw this clown first.

"oh I have guns too. I shoot in competitions."

Really (this guy is full of shit always, so I wanted to hear what he had to say) what kinds of shoots do you do? I was thinking of getting into practical shooting one of these days.

"military matches, tactical matches."

Oh, what associations?

"military ones." (the guy never was in the military, but did tell me he was trained as a ninja, ate deer hearts for the antibiotic properties and that his mother is an Indian Medicine woman.

-Ah, yes, the military ones. What kind of weapon are you running?

-Huh?

"yeah, the same one!"

I didn't call him out on it. The kid is so full of shit, his eyes are brown. Either way, great fiction.

Ouch! Went from warehouse manager to delivery driver? Quite a demotion. Anywho 3 round burst fire is far to dangerous to be in the hands of a common delivery driver, I hope you immediately reported him to the proper authorities. ...#4thaChildren

Oh! Does he also drive a late 1980s Ford TAURUS? ...just like Robocop

he was well on his way to being canned when he quit. and funny you ask, he did drive a beat up old Taurus that he insisted was a SHO, but that he took the emblems off so the cops couldn't accuse him of speeding. When I told him the SHO had dual exhaust, he insisted it was a 2 in one. Riiiight.

Ouch! Went from warehouse manager to delivery driver? Quite a demotion. Anywho 3 round burst fire is far to dangerous to be in the hands of a common delivery driver, I hope you immediately reported him to the proper authorities. ...#4thaChildren

Oh! Does he also drive a late 1980s Ford TAURUS? ...just like Robocop

he was well on his way to being canned when he quit. and funny you ask, he did drive a beat up old Taurus that he insisted was a SHO, but that he took the emblems off so the cops couldn't accuse him of speeding. When I told him the SHO had dual exhaust, he insisted it was a 2 in one. Riiiight.

I'm gonna need to hear more stories about this clown. Seriously. [rofl]

The SHO was molded into the body trim.

9061d1249311912-1994-taurus-sho-picture-140.jpg

and wouldn't you know, he had an answer for that. Said he melted it off with a blowtorch and sanded it. seriously, I can';t make this stuff up.

he also told me that as part of his ninja training, his dad made him stay in the woods with only a compass for 3 days, forcing him to survive off the land. he's more of an operator than ANY of us!

too bad he never learned to bathe, brush his teeth or change his clothes.

The SHO was molded into the body trim.

9061d1249311912-1994-taurus-sho-picture-140.jpg

Dumbest shit I've ever heard from a wannabe gun owner was actually in a thread on this site. I'm paraphrasing since I can't find the thread rignt now:

New guy on forum: Hi I'm new to shooting and support universal background checks. Anyone here know where I can buy a gun without having to have a license or background check? While I support making other people have licenses and pass background checks, I know I'm a good person so I don't need to have a license or go through a background check. Any of you want to sell to me or know where I can get a gun without a background check?

Needless to say he didn't last long before getting banned.

One of my favorite non-gun owner (NGO) comments is the ubiquitous:
NGO - "Oh, you own guns? I want a gun. I want a Glock-nine."
Me - "Um...you mean a 9mm?"
NGO - "No, a Glock-nine."
Me - "Do you mean a Glock 17 or 19 in 9mm?"
NGO - "NO. I MEAN A GLOCK-NINE."

And then I walk away when they hold their hand out, pretending to shoot it sideways at imaginary foes.

A kid at work told me semiauto handguns are hard to shoot because the weight distribution changes as it expends ammo.

-Huh?

"yeah, the same one!"

Your friend is full of crap. The robocop gun was a Beretta m93R which is a 9MM. the 3 shot burst sounds cool though...lol!

Wouldnt it be funny if your friend was a NES member who happened to be reading this post?

The weird thing is, I usually meet these types of people the OP mentions in different phases of my life. They're all different guys, but they all act the same way. Absolute compulsive liars who paint non-stop weird fantasy lifestyles for themselves. Met one in high school, one in college (one of my RAs), and also one during an intern I took up during college.

Haven't run into one of these kooks since. and hope I won't in the near future, but I'm pretty it'll happen again. It's some sort of mental or social deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom