• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dumb Laws in Massachusetts

Just to play Devil's Advocate, there are some hold-over laws that are good.

In Mass, an ocean-front property owner owns the land to Mean Low Water (most places are Mean High Water), but if you are fishing or fowling between the two marks, you're not trespassing.

In Mass, unless there is a town ordinance, non-posted land may be hunted without permission, and you're not trespassing.

Laws are generally a product of the time in which they were written.

And have you ever seen a good looking taxi driver? Me neither. I'm not sure what their secret is.

The secret is. Prostitutes would rather pay with their holes than their money. I drove cab during a few slow winters, a mechanic's workload falls waaay off in the winter. For the record I have never had sex w/ a prostitute. Though I would be lying if I said I didn't let a few of the better looking ones "tip" me, STS. [laugh]

If you drive at night at least 80% of your jobs are drug or prostitution runs. I was really surprised just how many actual "call girls" there are in Fall River. I always knew there were a ton of streetwalkers but had no idea just how much delivery pussy there is in the city. Incidentally FR does NOT allow their cab drivers to carry, whether they are licensed or not.

And of course...

It’s against the law to frighten a pigeon.
Squirt guns are against the law in Marlboro, Massachusetts. Buying, selling or possessing one is prohibited by law.
Any citizen found guilty of defacing a milk carton may be fined up to $10.

It's also the most wrongly interpreted gun law in MA, bar none.... At this point it has almost reached big lie status.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

There are so many people in MA and NH that actually believe it that they absolutely refuse to believe the truth, as though it being true is a form of gospel or something.

-Mike

Yep. I had a typical shooting range know it all nearly loose his shit when he saw me staple a silhouette to a frame at Woodcock. "Those are illegal... it's a felony... you can go to jail for those..." [rofl2] I literally laughed in his face and told him, "Well then I guess you should go warn the guys inside who just sold it to me..." And he did!! [laugh] I didn't hear the conversation inside, but when he came out a few min later he just packed up his shit and left. [rofl2]

Anyone may let their sheep and cows graze in the public gardens/commons at any time except Sundays.

I would love to see someone do this on the BC mid week. [laugh]

Last edited:
Yep. I had a typical shooting range know it all nearly loose his shit when he saw me staple a silhouette to a frame at Woodcock. "Those are illegal... it's a felony... you can go to jail for those..." [rofl2] I literally laughed in his face and told him, "Well then I guess you should go warn the guys inside who just sold it to me..." And he did!! [laugh] I didn't hear the conversation inside, but when he came out a few min later he just packed up his shit and left. [rofl2]

I'm glad I never met someone like that.

Duels to the death permitted on the common on Sundays provided that the Governor is present.

I do wonder if we could request Baker's presence for one of those death duels on the commons.

Last edited:

I bet he looked like this.... except fatter, taller...

Last edited by a moderator:
And of course...

It’s against the law to frighten a pigeon.
Squirt guns are against the law in Marlboro, Massachusetts. Buying, selling or possessing one is prohibited by law.
Any citizen found guilty of defacing a milk carton may be fined up to $10.

Not just squirt guns, but Silly String, too. Had to go to Hudson for that kind of contraband when I was a kid.

AWB, for one.

This one would be interesting: Duels to the death permitted on the common on Sundays provided that the Governor is present

How long does the Governor need to be present for? If someone challenges the Governor to a duel to the death, and wins, does the Lt. Governor need to be there in order to make it legal?

Chico California Law: Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.

San Francisco: "Persons classified as “ugly” may not walk down any street."
and "Giving or receiving oral sex is prohibited."

San Francisco: "Persons classified as “ugly” may not walk down any street."

Well I'm in trouble. :(

"Giving or receiving oral sex is prohibited."

All such laws proscribing behavior between consenting adults are set aside by SCOTUS's decision in Lawrence v. Texas in 2003, including similar ones in Massachusetts.

I do wonder if we could request Baker's presence for one of those death duels on the commons.[/QUOTE]

Of course we find out about this law after Deval is out of office!

I would love to see someone do this on the BC mid week. [laugh]

I'm sure that went over real well with Jeff too... He probably packed up and left because he got thrown out. Jeff is pretty crotchety.

Including an inaccuracy like this brings the entire list into question.

That being said, it would explain why beer was not on the menu when I was in the hospital.
Also, if the topic is "dumb laws in MA", then your time would be better spent trying to identify the vanishing minority of laws that aren't.

This state has been legislated by quivering morons afraid of every shadow and bump in the night for 100's of years. A good deal of what they wrote into the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence was aimed squarely at crap pioneered in this state.

It's also the most wrongly interpreted gun law in MA, bar none.... At this point it has almost reached big lie status.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

There are so many people in MA and NH that actually believe it that they absolutely refuse to believe the truth, as though it being true is a form of gospel or something.

-Mike

Tell that to Sportsmans Guide, they actually have a restriction against shipping human silhouette paper targets to Massachusetts.

Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.

No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/massachusetts?page=40

Happy New Year everybody! Be safe

So it is legal for a Taxi Driver to have sex in the back seat while a Gorilla sits up front during their shift! Off shift the Gorilla can join them in the back, or they can take it to the Gorilla in the front seat.

Last edited:
Please excuse me while I go inject extra rum into the chocolate candies someone gave us for Christmas. We will drive to MA and eat them there, maybe even pass them out to children.

There is a Swiss goody called a "kirschstengel" which is basically a tube of chocolate about 2 inches long filled with kirsch (a cherry brandy). Unsurprisingly, they are not avaiable here. I love those things.

I used to bring them back with me from Switzerland and give one to unsuspecting friends or coworkers and watch their expression as they bit in. Sadly, I grew up and started wondering about AA and decided I didn't want to be responsible for sending someone on a bender. Now I warn people when I hand them out. Damn, I hate being a grown up ...

R

Back
Top Bottom