DUI checkpoints & Schools

You seem like the type to manufacture drama. I have been pulled over more than probably 75% of the board and I've never been disarmed, not once. [rofl]

Not really sure how people are "getting there".
Doesn't happen a lot but I do drive spiritedly. Never had an issue and I'm empathetic to the rookies on the job. Don't flex street hard and you don't get shot by a cop. Unsure why it's so hard for many of my brothas to understand that.

Doesn't happen a lot but I do drive spiritedly. Never had an issue and I'm empathetic to the rookies on the job. Don't flex street hard and you don't get shot by a cop. Unsure why it's so hard for many of my brothas to understand that.

If you are getting disarmed on the side of the road (regardless of your skin color) you are probably tallking way too much.

If you are getting disarmed on the side of the road (regardless of your skin color) you are probably tallking way too much.
Mass staties keep their cool. It's the city cops that really put their guard up when they approach darkies. The worst I've experienced was rolling thru Providence after a nice night at the Foxy with the homies. None of us were criminals or had anything and I don't even drink but we got the full shake down over nothing. Providence what a shit hole lol.

Last night was driving home (technically this morning I guess) and was directed to pull into a DUI checkpoint screening area by a friendly officer.

The screening area was the front lot of a school.

Got me thinking, If I had been carrying (which I wasn't, had just come from a concert with screening) it would seem to create a conundrum. The order to pull into the lot is lawful, however, I couldn't legally do so if I was carrying.

I would have been jammed up if I refused to pull into the screening area, but could have been jammed up if I was carrying and pulled into the screening area.

Am I over thinking this?

ITS A TRAP!!!! lol

Protip: make a mental note of where the DUI checkpoint is, and what time it is, because they WILL re-use it again in that county. The window is usually like 10pm-2am or some
shit, or at least thats the time I've seen most of them.

FTR I drive sober (like to the point where I dropped like $300 going to hotel + uber in boston one night last summer because I didnt want to take even a remote chance) but I dont submit myself to that bullshit if I dont have to. Most of the time the delays by itself are annoying enough as it is. One night on rt2 they blocked the whole f***ing highway off. I really wanted to say "So, where do I get my gas card? You know, for the like 6 bucks in gas I burned up just sitting out there waiting to get through here... the gas I wouldnt have burned if this clown show wasnt here" but I thought better of it, because I bet half the guys at those things dont really like it either. [laugh] So you smile and nod and be on your way, lest you add even more delays....

We ran DUI checkpoints when they first became popular. They are the absolute most unproductive way to deal with a DWI operator. We stopped doing them as it was an absolute waste of overtime and created a mountain of paperwork.

Isn't the problem nowadays that agencies are getting government honey grants for running them, though? So they get fed money to bag mildly intoxicated people (if they were really bad, they would have wrecked long before they got to the DUI checkpoint).

ITS A TRAP!!!! lol

Protip: make a mental note of where the DUI checkpoint is, and what time it is, because they WILL re-use it again in that county. The window is usually like 10pm-2am or some

FTR I drive sober (like to the point where I dropped like $300 going to hotel + uber in boston one night last summer because I didnt want to take even a remote chance) but I dont submit myself to that bullshit if I dont have to. Most of the time the delays by itself are annoying enough as it is. One night on rt2 they blocked the whole f***ing highway off. I really wanted to say "So, where do I get my gas card? You know, for the like 6 bucks in gas I burned up just sitting out there waiting to get through here... the gas I wouldnt have burned if this clown show wasnt here" but I thought better of it, because I bet half the guys at those things dont like it either.
I was on 2 earthbound just before 495, saw the blues ahead. Big check point. I slowed and went through. A car just behind me u turned and drove BACK to what is it? 111?

I was on 2 earthbound just before 495, saw the blues ahead. Big check point. I slowed and went through. A car just behind me u turned and drove BACK to what is it? 111?

Wow thats a new one. Never hit an EB one, but they set up at the WB one on and off at the leominster rest area frequently.

Usually they eschew the blue lights too, opting instead for the "dirty trick" stuff by staging a wrecker or something with orange lights. So the layperson thinks its construction or some
shit, and doesnt get spooked.

FTR I drive sober (like to the point where I dropped like $300 going to hotel + uber in boston one night last summer because I didnt want to take even a remote chance) but I dont submit myself to that bullshit if I dont have to.

Not sure if serious . . .and you like to rail on about pantshitters? Like LOL

Not sure if serious . . .and you like to rail on about pantshitters? Like LOL

I'm deadly serious. I had a few drinks and I was tired after a 12+ hour day, , so I went to a hotel instead of drving. Apparently that's a foreign idea in your brain. But you don't have much of a brain, so that would fit.

About 10 years ago, I approached a DUI checkpoint on Rt 20 in Auburn, MA that was disguised as "road work ahead". As soon as I realized what it was, I did a U turn. I was sober, my passengers were sober, but the 10 or so State Troopers that quickly gave chase swore that I was intoxicated and they could smell booze. Check points are a way to invite thugs into your life. Don't speak. Don't comply.

ITS A TRAP!!!! lol

FTR I drive sober (like to the point where I dropped like $300 going to hotel + uber in boston one night last summer because I didnt want to take even a remote chance) but I dont submit myself to that bullshit if I dont have to. Most of the time the delays by itself are annoying enough as it is. One night on rt2 they blocked the whole f***ing highway off. I really wanted to say "So, where do I get my gas card? You know, for the like 6 bucks in gas I burned up just sitting out there waiting to get through here... the gas I wouldnt have burned if this clown show wasnt here" but I thought better of it, because I bet half the guys at those things dont really like it either. [laugh] So you smile and nod and be on your way, lest you add even more delays....
Isn't the rule if you're carrying you can't blow a 0.02, not a 0.08? Good thing I'm boring and just don't drink.

I moved my wallet to my left pocket for this reason.
I actually "trained" myself a year before I got my LTC by putting my wallet in my left rear pocket. A year, because I would have lost the right hand muscle memory by then. I didn't want to accidently reach on my right side, lifting up my shirt.

Isn't the rule if you're carrying you can't blow a 0.02, not a 0.08? Good thing I'm boring and just don't drink.
Yes under case law at least any intox is bad for carry, but in a practical sense far less likely to get whacked for that on average. ... although someone bagged dui and cui simultaneously is going to have a really bad night.

Last night was driving home (technically this morning I guess) and was directed to pull into a DUI checkpoint screening area by a friendly officer.

The screening area was the front lot of a school.

Got me thinking, If I had been carrying (which I wasn't, had just come from a concert with screening) it would seem to create a conundrum. The order to pull into the lot is lawful, however, I couldn't legally do so if I was carrying.

I would have been jammed up if I refused to pull into the screening area, but could have been jammed up if I was carrying and pulled into the screening area.

Am I over thinking this?

My mother always told me nothing good happens after midnight (I didn't listen).

My vote: overthinking

Mass staties keep their cool. It's the city cops that really put their guard up when they approach darkies. The worst I've experienced was rolling thru Providence after a nice night at the Foxy with the homies. None of us were criminals or had anything and I don't even drink but we got the full shake down over nothing. Providence what a shit hole lol.
Bro, Eff darkies, They probably smelled a little pussy ....got a cat ?

As a black man, here's my advice when you get pulled over - roll down ALL your windows and sunroof so you can help the cop see and smell the non existent marijuana from your car from over 20 feet away. Then you put your two hands, palm on the steering wheel with your fingers fully straight and extended, slowly (turtle speed slow) turn to the cop who may approach from either side of your car. Don't look at his trembling hand placed on his pistol grip cause that may be interpreted as aggression. Then politely in a soft voice (try not to speak in a deep voice) - smile, show pearly whites and ask the cop "Officer Massa How can I help you today? My wallet is ___here___ which includes my driver's license and my LTC. I am currently carrying a sidearm which is ___here____. I won't motion to it so I won't spook you further in addition to my blackness."

Oh for DUI checkpoints, do mention all that but also make sure to say you are concerned with the legalities of pulling into a school zone while legally armed, could you pull over across the street.

Haven't been shot by a cop yet!

Although I’m white, do I don’t have to worry as much, I still like to inform the cop that I’m armed. I also let them know that I have appropriate training just they they do.
I find this is best communicated by yelling out the window “ I have a gun and I know how to use it! I’m not afraid to die!”

They pretty much ignore how drunk I am while dealing with the ruckus of overreaction.

Back
Top Bottom