DUI checkpoints & Schools

ITS A TRAP!!!! lol
[…]
One night on rt2 they blocked the whole f***ing highway off. I really wanted to say "So, where do I get my gas card? You know, for the like 6 bucks in gas I burned up just sitting out there waiting to get through here... the gas I wouldnt have burned if this clown show wasnt here" but I thought better of it, because I bet half the guys at those things dont really like it either. [laugh] So you smile and nod and be on your way, lest you add even more delays....
I had to wait through one on 2 in Cankersore^wConcord. MASP, right in front of their barracks. How lazy do you have to be to do that? Same place?

Another a few years ago in Brattleboro VT one Friday in late November. Was cold that night.. Guy asks if I’ve had anything to drink. I lifted the dunkies container out of the cup holder and replied ”just this delicious hot coffee!” I’m pretty sure he said “bastard“ as he waved me through. Heh.

Last night was driving home (technically this morning I guess) and was directed to pull into a DUI checkpoint screening area by a friendly officer.
waze_custom-d5f3471f7a930e1ae9f0a238cf9fbf591b1a99b4.jpg

... they asked where I was coming from, what I was doing, etc.
So guyz,
is a DUI checkpoint the time to flex "I'm not discussing my day"?

Huh; sometimes:

This is why I always carry a box of donuts in my car.
Hand them out or drop them and zoom off?

Isn't the rule if you're carrying you can't blow a 0.02, not a 0.08? Good thing I'm boring and just don't drink.
66rfwu.jpg

P. S. In Mass, it's only illegal to carry while under the influence
if the gun is loaded. So remember to drop that mag and rack that slide...

You want to see drama?
Immediately jump out of the car, run away screaming "You'll never take me alive".
That gets their attention so hard that they Reverse-911 the entire town,
and simple homeowners start packing heat while they mow the lawn.
"What I Think I Look Like Dept".​

Well, now we know what @drgrant's next April Fools Avatar will be.

I had nothing alcoholic to drink. They did the illuminated baton thing and pointed me into the school parking row.

THEN they asked where I was coming from, what I was doing, etc.

I just said I was at a show, had nothing to drink other than water and a coffee at Denny's after the show, and was headed home.

The officer said thanks for answering, sent me on my way, didn't ask for any documents, etc.
DUI is a huge hassle for cops. Most of the time they would rather let you go than deal with it. As long as there are. No injuries or property damage, they will let it slide.

Wow thats a new one. Never hit an EB one, but they set up at the WB one on and off at the leominster rest area frequently.

Usually they eschew the blue lights too, opting instead for the "dirty trick" stuff by staging a wrecker or something with orange lights. So the layperson thinks its construction or some
shit, and doesnt get spooked.
You know, it was ~ 10 or more years ago. Details have faded (memory is the second thing to go). Maybe it was just a construction detail. What stuck the incident in my mind was the guy doing a u turn on the fricking highway [laugh]

waze_custom-d5f3471f7a930e1ae9f0a238cf9fbf591b1a99b4.jpg

So guyz,
is a DUI checkpoint the time to flex "I'm not discussing my day"?

Huh; sometimes:

Hand them out or drop them and zoom off?

66rfwu.jpg

P. S. In Mass, it's only illegal to carry while under the influence
if the gun is loaded. So remember to drop that mag and rack that slide...

That gets their attention so hard that they Reverse-911 the entire town,
and simple homeowners start packing heat while they mow the lawn.

"What I Think I Look Like Dept".​

Well, now we know what @drgrant's next April Fools Avatar will be.

I use Waze already. There was no activity reported in that area.

Well when it's on my hip and my wallet is in the pocket next to it, no choice. When you get stopped for driving while black at that point, you need to practice the art of staying perfectly still with straight fingers on your steering wheel.

we should change your name to gay hawk

Well when it's on my hip and my wallet is in the pocket next to it, no choice. When you get stopped for driving while black at that point, you need to practice the art of staying perfectly still with straight fingers on your steering wheel.
Then you need to dress differently. Many years ago I was stopped twice while carrying at 3 o'clock with wallet in right front pocket. Gun was never exposed while retrieving DL and I never mentioned it. People who carry need to "dress around the gun".

Then you need to dress differently. Many years ago I was stopped twice while carrying at 3 o'clock with wallet in right front pocket. Gun was never exposed while retrieving DL and I never mentioned it. People who carry need to "dress around the gun".

you should also consider 'posting around the trolls'

I had nothing alcoholic to drink. They did the illuminated baton thing and pointed me into the school parking row.

THEN they asked where I was coming from, what I was doing, etc.

I just said I was at a show, had nothing to drink other than water and a coffee at Denny's after the show, and was headed home.

The officer said thanks for answering, sent me on my way, didn't ask for any documents, etc.
Well officer I am coming from your house,and I am heading to your mothers house.By the way your wife said to bring home milk.
Anyone want free donuts?

Isn't the rule if you're carrying you can't blow a 0.02, not a 0.08? Good thing I'm boring and just don't drink.

First: No, there is no legal limit. The statute says, "under the influence". So if you blow a 0.1 but you're not under the influence, (you've got a crazy high tolerance or something) it's technically legal. (but you'll still get jacked up) Also, if you blow a 0.005, but the cop thinks you're impaired, it's illegal.

It's NOT like driving, where there's a specific limit codified in law.

Second: It's not illegal to carry a gun while drunk. It's illegal go carry a loaded gun while drunk. If the chamber is empty and the magazine is in a different pocket, it's not illegal. (but you might still get jacked up anyway)

One version of the 2013/2014 firearms reform bill set the limit for being "under the influence" to 0.08, which is the same for OUI. That was deleted early on in the debate, I'd guess because DAs and the police wanted "more flexibility" in prosecuting "because qunz" or something.

As you point out, it's completely at the discretion of the police and DA what "under the influence" while carrying a firearm is. It's expensive, but not impossible to beat an OUI charge, but I'd have to guess it's almost impossible to beat a carrying under the influence charge since the criteria are so arbitrary. Much like "suitability."

First: No, there is no legal limit. The statute says, "under the influence". So if you blow a 0.1 but you're not under the influence, (you've got a crazy high tolerance or something) it's technically legal. (but you'll still get jacked up) Also, if you blow a 0.005, but the cop thinks you're impaired, it's illegal. It's *NOT* like driving, where there's a specific limit codified in law.

Second: It's not illegal to carry a gun while drunk. It's illegal go carry a *loaded* gun while drunk. If the chamber is empty and the magazine is in a different pocket, it's not illegal. (but you might still get jacked up anyway)

Last night was driving home (technically this morning I guess) and was directed to pull into a DUI checkpoint screening area by a friendly officer.

The screening area was the front lot of a school.

Got me thinking, If I had been carrying (which I wasn't, had just come from a concert with screening) it would seem to create a conundrum. The order to pull into the lot is lawful, however, I couldn't legally do so if I was carrying.

I would have been jammed up if I refused to pull into the screening area, but could have been jammed up if I was carrying and pulled into the screening area.

Am I over thinking this?
you know what else is unlawful? DUI checkpoints

Isn't the problem nowadays that agencies are getting government honey grants for running them, though? So they get fed money to bag mildly intoxicated people (if they were really bad, they would have wrecked long before they got to the DUI checkpoint).
There were grants that covered some of the costs. They didn't cover all of it. From what I remember as it was many years ago, the money came from AAA

Tragedy of the Commons.[angry]
Q: Was there even an orange-level or red-level traffic slowdown?

Maybe they're socially distanced,
so no one notices them?

lol-machine-0073.jpg
Alas, no traffic alerts at all. No slowdown either. There was almost no one on the roads and the officers looked cold and miserable, so I am sure I was at the tail end of the operation.

Well, pull the wallet while you are pulling over.

Volunteering information such as having a firearm is completely retarded. Whether you were joking or serious. I am posting this for others.

Well, pull the wallet while you are pulling over.

Volunteering information such as having a firearm is completely retarded. Whether you were joking or serious. I am posting this for others.
Cop sees you shuffling to reach behind you and he be like Y U hiding dat crack? Might need to go back to man purse carry from now on.

Back
Top Bottom