• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Duffle Bag Full Of Guns Found Buried In Backyard

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member

603556560cf59.image.png

Where's the ammo that goes with it ???

morons. WD40 is your friend

WD40 isn't going to stop your rust unless you're using the pro grade rust preventer.

If you want to see a good test of regular wd40 for corrosion prevention, check this out.

What wd40 is good at is displacing water out of cracks and crevasses to stop rust there, it's useless in protecting a part from rust otherwise. If you're long term storing items like this you want a weatherproof container or something that leaves a more substantial coating/residue that won't degrade and then attract the moisture it was designed to repel. Just spraying your gun with original wd40 and saying it works is just a bit of fuddery.

Last edited:
Problem with wd 40 is it only stays for so long you need something better. That's why they use cosmoline and other packaging oils. Cable and gear lubes are up there with cosmoline fluid film and rust fighter in a pinch

"Ring, Ring, Ring..."

"Gunsmithing Inc. here, how can I help you?"

"Hi, I need a few guns restored, they're a little dirty."

"How bad are they?"

"They were buried in sand for a few years."

"Ok, bring 'em down, I'll see what I can do."

Just pack them in any oil and vacuum seal.. or a million other possible ways like in a pcv pipe ...It’s clearly just a rush job.

This reminds me I need to oil up some of my collectibles it’s probably been a couple years

Back
Top Bottom