• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dual tree stand

Anyone got any ideas for a good model for a 2 person tree stand? Looking at Cabelas but never bought a 2 person stand

Sent from the blind

With any stand, you want a large platform to stand on. A shooting rail and arm rests maybe, just so the little one feels a little safer.

Yeh thats what I figured, I just own single climbers and a few stationary singles. Didnt know if people had a preference for a certain brand etc... Going to take my kid this year, probably be scaring off more deer and bear than anything but gotta get them involved at some point!

I can't give you any specific models but there are usually 2 man ladder stands on Craigs list in the $100 range. I bought one new in the box for $80 a couple of months back. It goes up Saturday for my 6 year old and I to hunt from this year.

Bass Pro had a 2 person on sale, can't remember the brand or price though.

Without checking, I think most, if not all, 2 person stands have a drop down rest. Check the weight on it, some can get pretty chunky.

Last edited:
Two person ladder stand is way to go. I've used them but get it up now so deer get used to it.

Going up this weekend. Got one on sales at cabelas...big enough for me to lay down and sleep versus sitting and sleeping!

Sent from the blind

Good luck. I have one by Field and Stream that is decent. I think it is important to have both the platform and cage meet the tree (2 points) for stability.

Back
Top Bottom