• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DSA Fal

Looking to get into my first .308 rifle and decided on a DSA FAL SA5821S-A. 21" barrel.

I want it for long range target shooting and will put a high end scope on it. Id like to reach out to 600+ meters.

Any opinions? Im not familiar with the fal platform and decided to go this route over an ar10 and m1a. Am i making the right choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located? I have two FALs, We might be able to schedule a little trigger time if you are local to me.

Looking to get into my first .308 rifle and decided on a DSA FAL SA5821S-A. 21" barrel.

I want it for long range target shooting and will put a high end scope on it. Id like to reach out to 600+ meters.

Any opinions? Im not familiar with the fal platform and decided to go this route over an ar10 and m1a. Am i making the right choice?

I may be way off but the stock on most of the fals that I have seen do not seem to lend them selves well to really good scope use. I have always used mine as iron sites. I feel the same on m1a.

While there are offerings for scope mounts on either.. IMO, if your intent is primarily a scoped semi 308, I would probably gravitate towards the ar10.

I may be way off but the stock on most of the fals that I have seen do not seem to lend them selves well to really good scope use. I have always used mine as iron sites. I feel the same on m1a.

While there are offerings for scope mounts on either.. IMO, if your intent is primarily a scoped semi 308, I would probably gravitate towards the ar10.

I just ordered the fal... Im hoping by replacing the original stock with the prs (or similar) stock, it should fix the issue.

ejahasa5.jpg

I have a DSA build I did a few years back. You're welcome to come try it at Sippican some time if you bring 7,62NATO ammo with you. I don't have much left.

Back
Top Bottom