DS-9 carbine from Dark Storm

hessy

NES Member
I became interested in the DS-9 9 mm carbine from Dark Storm industries: DS-9 | Dark Storm Industries
They list MA-compliant carbines, and these look good. Weight is 6.25 lbs, 0.5 lbs heavier than Beretta CX4 Storm, and cost is 1-1.2K. Does anyone have experience with these carbines? Seems they are direct blowback operated. Or is this a delayed blowback? No description of mechanism on the internet, but a couple of good reviews. Could be a nice carbine for the indoor and fun on the range, alternative to CZ Scorpion.
Opinions?

I'm curious what makes them MA AG bullshit-compliant. Is it basically the 9mm lower that takes Glock mags combined with the blowback operation?

Really just wondering if anyone's selling the dedicated 9mm lower. I've got a DS-15 fixed mag lower already. Had a problem with the one I purchased, really probably my fault, but their customer service was top notch and replaced it for me. Would definitely buy their products again.

Also have my eye on a New Frontier Armory C-5 lower. There's no point, but I'm just intrigued by a 9mm lower that takes MP5 mags. I think it looks better than the Glock mag sticking out.

amm5061, have you made a DS-15 full rifle? What upper are you planning to put on it? I really want a 9-mm AR carbine, the lighter weight the better. Sig MPX carbine is top-notch but seems too heavy and cost is $1700+. I had a Beretta Storm carbine, but had a hard time with a scope on it. Was very reliable though.
I have not seen New frontier 9 mm carbines that were 6 lbs or lighter.

Last edited:
amm5061, have you made a DS-15 full rifle? What upper are you planning to put on it? I really want a 9-mm AR carbine, the lighter weight the better. Sig MPX carbine is top-notch but seems too heavy and cost is $1700+. I had a Beretta Storm carbine, but had a hard time with a scope on it. Was very reliable though.
I have not seen New frontier 9 mm carbines that were 6 lbs or lighter.

I built it out as a fixed mag 7.5" pistol. It came out very nice for short money. Highly impractical, but it's a fun range toy.

I saw these in a MA store today and was surprised to see them being sold. Now I really want one hahah. Anyone have more info on the DS-9? I’d really like to hear about people’s experiences with it since I’d never heard of Dark Storm Industries before. I’m also interested to know what makes this legal with the current MA AWB situation. Any insight is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom