• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dry lube

I'm having a FTF issue with a .22 pistol I have. Other than cleaning up the mags & polishing the free ramps do you think a dry lube would help over a light oil?

..??

I'm having a FTF issue with a .22 pistol I have. Other than cleaning up the mags & polishing the free ramps do you think a dry lube would help over a light oil?

..??

I think FrogLube is pretty slick. After its treated with the paste when its warm just buff it after letting it sit till it dries with a wax like film with a micro fiber cloth and its pretty slippery. Give it a try. Make sure you get all the oil base lube off with some type of solvent, maybe rubbing alcohol...

Works well for my M&Ps ARs and Marlin 22

Many issues with 22's are ammo related - IMO. For instance my 22 conversion on my Kimber team match requires a high velocity round. CCI mini-mags function 100% while bulk 22 ammo has about 20-30% FTF - mostly stove pipes and failure to feed next round. I won't run Remington ammo in any gun - but those failures are always failure to fire. Lube is important, but just about anything should be good enough. I use dry lube on my Pardini match pistol, but oils or greases on everything else.

I think FrogLube is pretty slick. After its treated with the paste when its warm just buff it after letting it sit till it dries with a wax like film with a micro fiber cloth and its pretty slippery. Give it a try. Make sure you get all the oil base lube off with some type of solvent, maybe rubbing alcohol...

Works well for my M&Ps ARs and Marlin 22

Model 60? I have a couple and they're pretty finicky in cold weather with regular oil - much smoother with dry lube.

...Once you get the f*&^* ejector spring bent into place, that is. =)

Model 60? I have a couple and they're pretty finicky in cold weather with regular oil - much smoother with dry lube.

...Once you get the f*&^* ejector spring bent into place, that is. =)

Yes Mo. 60.

Its pretty new to me but I cleaned it up and it is shinning like new except for one rusty spot on the visible part of the carrier ( I might try to buff it out with a tool or something ). I have some old 22lr rounds that wont feed right but I think its cause they are old and pitted around the ends, new stuff works great. One thing is that it doesn't lock back when the last one is sent. Its an older model maybe mid 70s, not sure if that year should lock back or not. Any Idea?

I bought spare springs, ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom