• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Druglords home raided, guns, cash

$22B in cash in the house! I can't even comprehend that amount of money. That could wipeout the national debt of some countries!

The war on drugs is such a remarkable failure that they have to stack hundreds yards deep in Mexico. Way to go America, well done.

All that money could help the Mexican people,but they will not see one cent of it.

Lot's of FAIL in that article.

There was a matched pair of these found.
.357 Magnum semi-automatics with solid gold grips.

fwwNmym.jpg

.357 Magnum ???

smiley-signs104.gif

.38 Super I'd believe, but that's certainly no Coonan.

It proves once again that whenever the media speaks about guns, they always get it wrong.

"The money and valuables found in this one house alone, would be enough to pay for health insurance for every man woman and child in the USA for 12 years! "

Ya... no. Off by a factor of about 500.

300,000,000 people x just $1,000 would be $300 billion
Healthcare is nearly $3 Trillion a year in this country, pushing towards $9,000/year/person.

If insurance premiums are just 1/3 of healthcare spending

So close to
$11,000,000,000,000
vs
$22,000,000,000

That's why I posted a story with lots of pictures. More pictures of shiny things and less idiocy from dumbass reporters

These people have so much money, they make the Arab oil sheiks look like welfare recipients. Their money can buy politicians, cops, judges, etc. Whatever they need they just throw down stacks of cash and it is theirs! This is why the drug problem is so difficult to fight.

It is a circle, they have so much money because politicians have made drugs illegal, if people could grow their own dope we wouldn't have the problem and they wouldn't have cash

The money and valuables found in this one house alone, would be enough to pay for health insurance for every man woman and child in the USA for 12 years!
The innumeracy astounds.

Assume 300 million in the us (it's more like 350m), figure 22,000,000,000/(300,000,000*12) = $6.11/year from the cash, so there would need to be a LOT of valuables to cover the health insurance.

The war on drugs is such a remarkable failure that they have to stack hundreds yards deep in Mexico. Way to go America, well done.
Maybe Mexico and the United States should take a lesson from Singapore. Small-time dealers there get long prison sentences and brutal canings that just about chop their buttocks to smithereens. Smugglers go to the gallows and not even the best lawyer in the country can save them from execution after they are convicted. Old women can walk the streets at midnight and not have to worry about crime. They enjoy a higher standard of living than we do. Maybe we could learn from their example?

Maybe Mexico and the United States should take a lesson from Singapore. Small-time dealers there get long prison sentences and brutal canings that just about chop their buttocks to smithereens. Smugglers go to the gallows and not even the best lawyer in the country can save them from execution after they are convicted. Old women can walk the streets at midnight and not have to worry about crime. They enjoy a higher standard of living than we do. Maybe we could learn from their example?

No.

No thanks....

I'll take the risk of violent crime over having an authoritarian government any day of the week.

-Mike

No, the example we should learn from is Amsterdam, or even here from our own history with Prohibition I.

I've never used illegal drugs. I have no interest in them. I think people who destroy themselves with chemicals of unknown origin, side effects, quality, etc... are absolute idiots for whom I have no regard, sympathy, etc...

However, the lesson to be learned is that neither you nor the government that claims to represent you has the authority, or ultimately even the ability to tell adults what they can do with themselves. Attempts to do so create black markets and violence so far exceeding the damage of the use of these chemicals that this should be considered the greatest possible threat to public health.

"The Terror", they tell us all is coming could not exist even on the actual scale that it does (much less the mythical scale they claim) without the war on drugs. We are fueling our adversaries to the tune of 100's of $Billions if not more... This is absolute insanity.

Back
Top Bottom