• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Druglords home raided, guns, cash

The pile of cash was actually closer to $207 million, not $22 billion.

Snopes link: http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/drugmoney.asp

I was going to call BS when I scrolled to the cash pic. I've had the strange fortune to actually see what $10 million in cash sitting on a pallet looks like. They found $200+mil in the entire house. That stack in the corner doesn't even tickle the sack of a billon much less $18 billion.

The innumeracy astounds.

Assume 300 million in the us (it's more like 350m), figure 22,000,000,000/(300,000,000*12) = $6.11/year from the cash, so there would need to be a LOT of valuables to cover the health insurance.
You pretty much have to be an idiot and/or mathematically impaired to support this nonsense at this point...

Lot's of FAIL in that article.

fwwNmym.jpg

.357 Magnum ???

smiley-signs104.gif

.38 Super I'd believe, but that's certainly no Coonan.

It proves once again that whenever the media speaks about guns, they always get it wrong.

A little bit of thread drift here... I've read a number of LE publications, powerpoints, etc, which have discussed guns recovered from mexican and south american drug cartels. For some reason or another, these 1911s turn up, and they always seem to be in .38 Super. Is this some weird affectation they have towards .38 Super, or is it a matter of something like the fact that .45 ACP being more difficult to obtain "down south" ?

-Mike

A little bit of thread drift here... I've read a number of LE publications, powerpoints, etc, which have discussed guns recovered from mexican and south american drug cartels. For some reason or another, these 1911s turn up, and they always seem to be in .38 Super. Is this some weird affectation they have towards .38 Super, or is it a matter of something like the fact that .45 ACP being more difficult to obtain "down south" ?

-Mike

Maybe it is easier to buy cocaine in the US than 45 ACP in Mexico? That'd be a funny kind of awesome. They seem to have plenty of money, what with stuffing it in bins and stacking it in corners and closets. I thought they liked to barter in Mexico? Maybe offer a pallet of 45ACP for a trunk full of weed?

The reason the .38 Super is the popular caliber for 1911's in Mexico is because, under Mexican law, it's illegal for anyone outside of the military to own guns or ammunition in "military" calibers.
I assume this law only applies to NATO calibers, not Eastern Bloc calibers.
9mm, .45acp, 7.62x51 (.308) 7.62x62 (.30-06) are strictly forbidden.
What I think is ironic is, the drug lords obviously have no problem violating every other law in Mexico, but they don't dare own a pistol in an illegal caliber. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom