• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Drug Gangs Taking Over Public Lands- So Support Concealed Carry

You wouldn't be. The taxation upon the substance is supposed to pay for the treatment, ala cigarettes.

Of course I would be, if I indulged. The .gov is giving a choice: be responsible for the treatment of everyone, or don't use. It's idiocy. Let's add another tax on ammunition to fund those injured by firearms. Don't forget the internet use tax to help people with internet gaming addictions.

I don't know why I continue to be amazed by people on this board who beg the government to take their money and limit their freedom.

Last edited:
... I don't know why I continue to be amazed by people on this board who beg the government to take their money and limit their freedom.

Either that, or let the government take our freedom and thus limit our monies.

Either way, I did not see any post here "begging the government" to do what you proscribe.

Crime didn't entirely go away...it just moved to Hyannisport and took up a new career...POLITICS

To fight these marijuana cultivators I say we grab our ARs, a few envolopes of papers and we parachute into the middle of the crops and smoke our way out! It'll be like Vietnam all over again.

Nah. It's just time to legal marijuana and take the huge profit out of the business. Legalize it, regulate it, and tax it.

Back during Prohibition, alcohol flowed across the Saint Lawrence in go-fast boats. The smugglers were sometimes armed with machine guns, and had shootouts with Coast Guard and police. Alcohol was legalized again, and all that crime went away.

one question....canucks thought $44/carton was too high? and they smuggled them in for $15-20?

where were they getting them from? i really would like to know!

one question....canucks thought $44/carton was too high? and they smuggled them in for $15-20?

where were they getting them from? i really would like to know!

That was in 1994, when the average cost of a pack of cigarettes in the U.S. was ~$1.69

Of course I would be, if I indulged. The .gov is giving a choice: be responsible for the treatment of everyone, or don't use. It's idiocy. Let's add another tax on ammunition to fund those injured by firearms. Don't forget the internet use tax to help people with internet gaming addictions.

I don't know why I continue to be amazed by people on this board who beg the government to take their money and limit their freedom.

+1

With legalization comes more drug abuse, which will result in more need for drug treatment. Taxes can fund that.
1. I don't buy that. I don't think the war on drugs has any meaningful impact on the actual consumption. If anything, it might increase use...

2. As Martlet asks - why am I responsible for someone else's negligence?

M1911 said:
to keep the drug gangs out of the business.
They will be priced out. Hard to out-price WallMart for your weed.

Very little regulation is needed. The real trick is how do the courts handle "quality" disputes when you are talking about something that is supposed to harm you?

The answer of course is that the market will decide as it does with alcohol. Poor quality alcohol does not sell very well... No profit, no product.

This is what I find so stunning about this debate. We have a perfect parallel in alcohol to understand why we should never have started the "war on drugs". We also have the perfect parallel to demonstrate what will happen when we end the war on drugs.

The difference is the timeframe. We have let the war on drugs fester decades longer than prohibition and the damage that the war itself has done will be with us for a while. It has literally destroyed sizable portions of our society. They will have to be re-integrated.

Yet, we hear over and over all the same arguments that were made against the ending of prohibition echoed word-for-word about drugs...

History - learn it, or it will school you...

The war on drugs is a way to militarize police. It's ridiculous and unwinnable. How many years has this been going on? How many civil liberties have been given up?

With what benefit? Oh yeah it's a lot safer now.

Eff that, we've lost this war. Waste of money and man power.

It's just another way for the .gov to gain control. [rolleyes]

The war on drugs is a way to militarize police. It's ridiculous and unwinnable. How many years has this been going on? How many civil liberties have been given up?

Sadly, this should have been obvious from the beginning...

A classic example of why you cannot look the other way when your "your man" does something stupid in office. I think many of us looked the other way on the war on drugs for a decade or two because:
a. It wasn't us they were going after.
b. They are in fact bad people, so perhaps most of them should be locked up.

In the end though, we ignored the lesson of history and the inevitable blowback when you create a black market of this size to stop a product that clearly people want despite all logic and reason to the contrary...

It's just another way for the .gov to gain control. [rolleyes]

I just had a scary thought. Blitz posting on drugs...

Back
Top Bottom