Drop in AR trigger recommendations

LaRue all the way - they now have a straight option in addition to the traditional curved.

ONLY $80 NOW.

I had a Geisselle in my OBR when it came before LaRue was making its own triggers / the LaRue MBT-2S is superior imho, my son and two other shooters agree as I put the Geisselle in my S&W M&P 15.

I had one where I needed to do some minor clean-up on the safety because the width of the trigger was causing it to drag a bit. 5 minutes with a file, no big deal. I’ve probably installed 10 Gisselle triggers and only had to mess with the safety once. My guess is the safety was a touch out of spec not the other way around.
This happened when we had a group buy for the velocity Trigger probably five years back the safety would not even switch on because of the safety bar was to wide

Another Rock River 2 stage vote. It's what I run in my main rifle.

If you want something strictly for target shooting AR Gold is amazing. I wouldn't put one in a battle rifle though. It's too light with zero takeup. Makes it a terrible idea to use with gloves on.

I have AR Gold's in three of my ARs; they ARE amazing. I've got them in my rifles setup for 3GUN, long-distance and my general purpose 1-6 scoped AR. I see your point about gloves with these triggers; I personally don't wear gloves shooting - I tried a few times, just can't get comfortable. The best I can do is my fingerless riding gloves.

I assembled a Larue for my wife on a CMMT ambi lower. That trigger's good, but heavier than the AR Gold. The ARGold is kind of like my 1911's, the Larue is maybe a pound heavier. It's a lot smoother than "mill-spec".

LaRue all the way - they now have a straight option in addition to the traditional curved.

ONLY $80 NOW.

I had a Geisselle in my OBR when it came before LaRue was making its own triggers / the LaRue MBT-2S is superior imho, my son and two other shooters agree as I put the Geisselle in my S&W M&P 15.

I was a fan of the Geissele SSA for a long time until I tried the Larue MBT-2S. Sold my SSAs and now all my rifles have MBTs in them. Hell, I have 3 MBTs on the shelf waiting for new homes in future rifles. $80 for a machined tool steel trigger is a great deal. Geissele can keep their expensive cast triggers. I may have to try an AR gold trigger down the road at some point.

Last edited:
I had one where I needed to do some minor clean-up on the safety because the width of the trigger was causing it to drag a bit. 5 minutes with a file, no big deal. I’ve probably installed 10 Gisselle triggers and only had to mess with the safety once. My guess is the safety was a touch out of spec not the other way around.

Also could be the lower was slightly out of spec, which put the safety a touch out of position. Or combo of lower and safety both a little out.

Update- installed the G2S, just got to the range. Awesome trigger - smooth as glass, highly recommended. Like I have a new , more accurate rifle. If you shoot Garands, M1A’s or Swiss Rifles you will really like this 2 stage trigger

Back
Top Bottom