• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Drone Footage from Knob Creek, KY Night Shoot

I looked for the dupe.

Let the Sun shine bright on My Old Kentucky Home...

Last edited by a moderator:
Knob Creek has so much freedom in one place it is amazing. I took a trip up to one of the shoots when I still lived in Tennessee with a buddy. It was a fantastic experience.

Holy crap, How long a belt did they have loaded up in that M-134?
That little baby cranks 'em out at what, like 3000-5000 rounds per minute and that burst ran for quite a while. Glad I didn't have to pick up the tab on that one.

Holy Balls.

Who brought the Sea Whiz at 1:20?

Saw a lot of errant tracers and ricochets.

With all that lead going downrange, that place went from gun range to Superfund site in less than 5 minutes. [laugh]

I assumed they were out in the middle of nowhere, but crap, there's civilized areas within 5 miles of down range and some a little off angle are 2 miles away.

dat minigun. what a waste to have a bullet hose like that and absolutely nothing to cut in half with it. they should construct a small concrete building to cut in half with that thing next time.

I assumed they were out in the middle of nowhere, but crap, there's civilized areas within 5 miles of down range and some a little off angle are 2 miles away.
Looking at Google maps terrain it looks like the range is cut into a hillside that's at least 200' to 280' high.

4304e4ac827b94442fac74525543644e.jpg

I've been there twice over the years. The hold them in the late Spring and early Fall. It's a few days event and the night shoot is really something special. Quite often they also have a Loach Helicopter with an M60 on board to strafe the field. They also have flame throwers you can rent as well as a complete MG firing line for rentals. It's not cheap but where else can you shoot any of these machines?

There's food there and you can also camp at a KOA just up the road. Louisville, KY is close by so that's fun. They also host NGD (National Gun Day). The center where they have the gun show has........3000.......yep.........3000 tables. There's a Six Flags there, too.....something for everyone.

The Knob Creek facility is part of a larger military site including Fort Knox.

That GE minigun is what amazes me most. There are two of them there sometimes. The pile of brass they create would make your head hurt. They will shoot something like a washing machine and the mass of bullets that hit that machine heat it up so hot that after the shoot all that's left is a molten pile of aluminum. No kidding. The kids will pick them up and save them as trophies.

If you've never been, go. Go once. There is nothing else like it and you'll see firearms that maybe you've only read about. Hell there was a huge cannon there one year.

Rome

The smell is invigorating. Remember that line from the movie," I love the smell of napalm in the morning". ?? You'll be saying that too.

BTW, just a word to the wise, you go there with your muffs on your arm at all times. There are no safe places to go when shooting starts. You can only imagine the volume of sound and the concussions that you'll feel there. It's just uncanny.

Judging by the red and blue tracers both GI Joe and Cobra were there. It's nice to see everyone put aside their differences to take out some drums of gasoline (or whatever those were).

Back
Top Bottom