• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DRO battery eliminator parts -

From the dro thread was this link -
Snailworks RFMill

I ordered 10 sets of parts (voltage regulator and 2 caps) for the price break, and I have 6 sets left if you want one pm me with your info. $2.00 ea set plus shipping (I think it will be ok to send in a regular envelope. ) I will ship them out once I get a pm. (pay when you receive them.) this is at cost not for profit.
Glenn

i actually was thinking about getting this DRO. Did not have much luck getting any good responses about it on CNCzone, so i'm still curious how does this particular example of chinese engineering fairs in your opinion?
any problems you ran into, tips, warning etc...

I had a battery die when I was in the middle of an operation. other than that you have to keep them protected. (any dro needs that)
I have done pretty complicated machining and they worked great.

They will get you within a couple of thousandths. A lot better than trying to use the dials with 62.5 thousandths
per turn and calculating in any backlash. There are better, but the price goes up quickly. There has been reported
about some lag with movement. Glass scales are the best, but at a price.

Malodave

i actually was thinking about getting this DRO. Did not have much luck getting any good responses about it on CNCzone, so i'm still curious how does this particular example of chinese engineering fairs in your opinion?
any problems you ran into, tips, warning etc...

Yes when you get towards the end of a cut you have to slow down on the feed to allow the dro to catch up. Other than that I would say no backlight is my only issues with them.

Back
Top Bottom