• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Driving to Ohio with a Shotgun... Yes or No?

I'm driving to Ohio for the 4th of July. While I'm there, I'll have the opportunity to shoot at an awesome sporting clays facility. I'd love to bring one of my shotguns, instead of renting one of their house guns for $20. And put that toward ammo.

Driving rte 90 cross upstate NY, Penn, and Ohio.

A.) Don't be a cheap bastard, rent a gun and be worry free and speed the whole way.

B.) Break the gun down into separate gun socks, trigger lock it, case it and stick under the backseat(Tacoma pickup truck) Fill the back seat with luggage and drive 65.

What would you do?

I drive to Ohio with guns at least once a year. Follow the law and stay invisible and you'll be fine.

FOPA doesn't /really/ protect you in NY. Use a locked case instead of just a trigger lock. Even a soft case with lockable zippers is fine.

If you are legal to posess the shotgun in Ohio you are all set. Just lock it up in a case for transport.

If you are legal to posess the shotgun in Ohio you are all set. Just lock it up in a case for transport.

That's the rub, I don't know what is or is not legal there and the people I'm staying with aren't clear either. I do know I'm fine once I get there, as they are legal to carry etc.

Can someone with a MA LTC-A buy a long gun in Ohio, like in NH or ME? Will have to call the shooting center tomorrow. Closed today.

This the place I'm going to. http://www.blackwingsc.com/black_wing_story/

Can someone with a MA LTC-A buy a long gun in Ohio, like in NH or ME?

As far as I know Ohio has a state law very similar to the old federal law that prohibited selling guns to states that they don't share a border with. At least I know that when I've been out there that's what the dealers have told me.

OH & PA are your normally free states where a license is not needed for possession. Just use a locked case under the seat for transport.

yeah, as long as you go thru PA instead of NY (for the most part) you will be fine. F*ck NY and the horse it rode in on too

Back
Top Bottom