• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Drive-by shooting in Berkley, arrest made

man_in_ berkley _shot_in_ drive-by
Man in Berkley shot in drive-by

May 7, 2008

A 20-year-old Middleborough man was shot in the stomach upon arrival at a friend's house in Berkley yesterday, police said.

Carmelo Cacciatore was in fair condition at Morton Hospital in Taunton last night after the drive-by shooting, said Berkley's police chief, Scott Labonte.

Witnesses saw a small, dark-colored vehicle leaving the scene on Plain Street West, the Police Department said in a statement.

Police are investigating whether Cacciatore - who was shot after exiting his car, which was parked at the end of his friend's driveway - was targeted, Labonte said.

Berkley police and the Bristol district attorney's office are chasing multiple leads, Labonte said.

When police responded to the scene at 3 p.m., Cacciatore was being taken by a relative to the hospital.

A Taunton ambulance caught up with the car and brought Cacciatore the rest of the way to the hospital.

SARAH M. GANTZ
© Copyright 2008 Globe Newspaper Company

but it was lies

Liars Busted - Arrests made in Berkley shooting

WJAR-TV
updated 6:45 p.m. ET, Thurs., May. 8, 2008

BERKLEY, Mass. -- Police said Thursday that a shooting in Berkley was an accident.

Three friends of the victim face charges.

Carmelo Cacciatore, 20, of Middleborough, was shot in the stomach Tuesday on Plain Street. His injuries were not life-threatening.

Police said 17-year-old Angel Reed was showing off a gun to some friends when he accidentally shot Cacciatore. Reed was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon.

Police also arrested 18-year-old Glen Rogers and 20-year-old Celina Rogers and charged them with obstructing justice. Police said the brother and sister lied about what happened.

Investigators said an initial story that the shooting was the result of a drive-by was made up.

Police seized several guns, cash, marijuana and cocaine as part of the investigation.

Reed has a dangerousness hearing scheduled for Monday, and Sutter said he plans to ask that the teen be held without bail.

Sutter also said he wants jail time for the Rogers siblings

I lived in Berkley for 10yrs. Plain St West came off of the street I lived on...very close.
It was a very nice town, very quiet.
One cop on duty per shift, one fireman. Volunteer fire dept; no hydrants. the guy next door to me used to say the FD motto was "we'll save your foundation". [rofl]

the guy next door to me used to say the FD motto was "we'll save your foundation". [rofl]

A couple years ago in Wayland, they actually lost the foundation too! Apparently the fire was sparked by an overheated recessed lighting fixture.

Back
Top Bottom