Drill and pin alternative for stock

My understanding is that it has to be something that can not be removed easily and it has to require tools to do it.

I wouldn't worry about it, but some people are more paranoid than others. I've seen stocks pinned using various methods that I'm sure some here would have no issue with and some would be afraid of.

Mike

Looks easy to produce with a lathe and drill press (have both)Any dimensions?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks easy to produce with a lathe and drill press (have both)Any dimensions?

Somebody on this forum made one of these by himself.

We all told him to get it into production.

Looks like that guy did and they will sell no doubt.

I never saw that thread before - thanks for posting it mac67. I wish I had thought of doing that, or heard about that thread before drilling a few nice Magpul stocks. Next build will have this feature, for sure!

Bummer I wish I had seen that thread. I drilled and pinned a brand new Magpul stock the other day. That seems like a pretty easy part to fab.

i emailed him about a week ago and he said he was out, but expected to have the next lot in about 2 weeks. I emailed him again over the weekend to see if if he could hold one for me or allow me to pay ahead since i would be out of town next week but have not heard from him yet. Ill update when i find out.

Guys there is an even easier solution for the magpul stocks that I have done on 2 of my stocks.

60934782621739915840.jpg

If you knock out the roll pin at the bottom of the locking pin you can remove the spring and lower the pin and then remove the pin that is circled. Put the retainer spring back in and then put the roll pin on. To put the stock back on the buffer tube you slide the stock on until it hits the pin, tilt the gun up and use a screwdriver to move the pin down and then slide the stock into the desired position. In this configuration the stock is no longer adjustable with the lever and requires a tool to change the positon.

Back
Top Bottom