• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dream indoor range

What is important in your dream indoor range?

• 100 yd length

Votes: 47 63.5%
  • 25 lanes

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • 50 lanes

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • >50 lanes

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Retail gunstore

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Open 24hrs

Votes: 46 62.2%
  • open 7am - midnight

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Food

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Instruction

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • membership and pay as you go

Votes: 34 45.9%

• Total voters
I was thinking what would be a moderate dream range.

Wouldn't it be great to have a 40-50 lane 100yd indoor range rated to .308?

Space for classrooms, store, snack bar that over looks range.

With that size you could run 2 gun IDPA, do appleseeds, etc.

What services would you like in a range that size?

Added a poll multiple choice allowed

Yeah...somehow probably not going happen with a bar...end smoking dead in public places now in MA

Last edited:
Yeah...somehow probably not going happen with a bar...end smoking dead in public places now in MA

Yeah, we couldn't have a range and a bar. What's next? Gasoline stations selling cigarette lighters? Oh, the humanity!

I picked 50 lanes. That would be sweet. You're not bunched up together, which I secretly can't effing stand.

Retail gun shop, instruction, food/drink, at a minimum 50 yards and as many lanes as you can afford. That way you can host large matches.

Do not build it in Worcester.

Cigar Bar! - 3 sided shooting -Permanent steel targets - good lighting - good ventilation- oh and a few strippers to clean our guns.

Last edited:
Retail gun shop, instruction, food/drink, at a minimum 50 yards and as many lanes as you can afford. That way you can host large matches.

15 mins from 495 and 20 mins from 128 okay?

Cigar Bar! - 3 sided shooting -Permanent steel targets - good lighting - good ventilation- oh and a few strippers to clean our guns.

Hmmmmm......wonder what MA cigar regs like? Noted on lights, targets, probably could radius the end to increase angle shots

15 mins from 495 and 20 mins from 128 okay?

Hmmmmm......wonder what MA cigar regs like? Noted on lights, targets, probably could radius the end to increase angle shots

A little tricky to work around but you can do it, There are several cigar bars in MA and one that just opened about a month ago. Also, Private clubs are still ok.

Picture a long rectangle. Now cut that long rectangle in half lengthwise. Put a few really long lanes in one half of the rectangle, going end to end. In the other half, take half of it and make it short pistol lanes, with both the long and short lanes ending at the same place so everyone shoots in the same direction. Out of the piece that is left, put a cigar bar, smoke free room, snack bar, and firearm store.

And put it right down the street from my house with 24x7 keycard access. Pistol range rated for anything .500 & under, and rifle range ok for .50bmg and under. Both pistol lanes and rifle lanes would have a bore restriction in the rightmost lanes, so the new guy shooting a 22 for the first time doesn't cringe when a big bore is shot three feet away from him.

Why not? Will the ATF come to shut it down or something?

I agree with the bar and shops. Maybe even a 4-5 lane "beginners/learners" station that is walled off so they don't shoot anyone. Also, a classroom or two would be awesome, especially if all sorts of different, low cost classes were offered.

Picture a long rectangle. Now cut that long rectangle in half lengthwise. Put a few really long lanes in one half of the rectangle, going end to end. In the other half, take half of it and make it short pistol lanes, with both the long and short lanes ending at the same place so everyone shoots in the same direction. Out of the piece that is left, put a cigar bar, smoke free room, snack bar, and firearm store.

And put it right down the street from my house with 24x7 keycard access. Pistol range rated for anything .500 & under, and rifle range ok for .50bmg and under. Both pistol lanes and rifle lanes would have a bore restriction in the rightmost lanes, so the new guy shooting a 22 for the first time doesn't cringe when a big bore is shot three feet away from him.

that sounds almost perfect. as long as its down the street from me! (and lets alter "snack bar" to "mall type food court!", but maybe i'm just being a fatass)

Good ideas guys.....

I saw a couple of spaces that were very cool. But made from warehouses so had I beams in either a 40'X40' or 20'X60' layout. So not sure how that would work.

To give you an idea.....

options.jpg

Good ideas guys.....

I saw a couple of spaces that were very cool. But made from warehouses so had I beams in either a 40'X40' or 20'X60' layout. So not sure how that would work.
I think you mean columns, not beams. Columns are vertical members. Beams are horizontal members.

No, having columns in the midst of a firing range won't work. It is simply unsafe.

so is this "in the works"????

i voted for 24hr access, insturction, membership & pay as you go, 50 lanes, but i mean 25...

so is this "in the works"????

i voted for 24hr access, insturction, membership & pay as you go, 50 lanes, but i mean 25...

Working on it......

In business plan creation phase. So consider this your ability to tell me what you would come for.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom