• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dragon's breath (or other fun ammo)

kalash

NES Member
Gents, my buddy just bought a large property and wants to have some Halloween fun, i.e. he literally wishes for flamethrowers. Closest I can think of would be a 12ga spitting out Dragon's Breath rounds! Any idea where I can get some by next weekend? Other, similarly juvenile, suggestions would be welcome too.

I've seen that stuff at gun shows. Every club/range I'm aware of bans them for fear of creating a forest fire. I suppose they may be fine in a sandpit with absolutely no vegetation to catch fire.

I've seen that stuff at gun shows. Every club/range I'm aware of bans them for fear of creating a forest fire. I suppose they may be fine in a sandpit with absolutely no vegetation to catch fire.
I'm talking about private land that's been completely turned into a sand pit - perfectly safe.

I'm talking about private land that's been completely turned into a sand pit - perfectly safe.
I’ve bought 556 tracers at 619 DW. It’s great fun, we have very large sand pits to shoot it in!!
Haven’t seen dragons breath anywhere recently, let me know if you can source it locally. I want some, but the shipping charges are astronomical. The new old glory in Greenville has just about every type of ‘gimmick’ 12 gauge load but dragons breath!!

expired small propane tank with taped on lit road flair, shot with .223 from 100 yards.......

Balloons filled with acetylene hung 5' off the ground shot with .22 tracers....

Be careful out there.

expired small propane tank with taped on lit road flair, shot with .223 from 100 yards.......

Be careful out there.

febd223718e866fba5e053c3534ba16134136c2fddb1069d48d2c34ba6337c35.jpg

Be careful out there.
Don't need road flares. I used to buy Coleman camping size propane bottles and cans of carb cleaner. Spray the propane bottle with carb cleaner, light it, run back to the firing line and shoot it.

Do a google image search for what you are looking for and then CALL the company for shipping times.
Make sure there are no dry brush where you are shooting the Dragon’s breath. I love those shells, but will ignite dry brush. Also they bounce around. Hitting trees may make the mixture bounce back at you.
Tannerite. Always place the tannerite in FRONT of what you are blowing up or you WILL be showered with shrapnel!!!

RC

Last edited:
prime and fill center fire rifle cases (something like .30-‘06 or .303) with Unique all the way up to the top. Twist the neck into block of paraffin sealing wax to seal it. Fire it out of the rifle. The BOOM will be massive and the FLAME out the barrel will be 10 feet long.

Be careful out there.
Balloons filled with acetylene? Maura hears about this and next thing Ma. will try to ban balloons!

Gents, my buddy just bought a large property and wants to have some Halloween fun, i.e. he literally wishes for flamethrowers. Closest I can think of would be a 12ga spitting out Dragon's Breath rounds! Any idea where I can get some by next weekend? Other, similarly juvenile, suggestions would be welcome too.

Then be the best friend ever and get him this! XM42 Lite Flamethrower - Black

logo_xm42-lite-black_9967.jpg

There is some good stuff at this place:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom