• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Draco SBR

KRINK'S FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!11

srsly though, I realized what the virgin in virgin kit actually entails in the last few days of reading...I am a little nervous, come help me.

shit, yours is a virgin virgin kit. Like the rear runnion needs drilled for the underfolding stock (three holes), the trigger guard needs drilled for the mag release (maybe? not sure if your is virgin there), and the front trunnion needs drilled for 4 rivets and the barrel pin- probably not too hard for the barrel pin.

And I don't even know about the FSB- need drilled for the pins? No clue. Got your kit yet to see what needs to be done?

also- this guy will do all of that if you want to chicken out. I probably would- I sent my krink kit there to get the barrel done and the rest of it de-milled. He did GREAT work, just took forever with me as I got in on his "introductory" rates which were a little lower, so I was deprioritized I'm assuming. Still came back looking fine.

Virgin kit barrel assembly service

and from his akfiles thread, it looks like he's got his FFL now. Which is nice.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108370&page=9

we need to talk to boris about doing this. If someone can do it without ****ing it up, he'd be a good start. We'll need a bunch of different sized drill bits, one big enough for the rear trunnion folder mechanism, and a barrel pin reamer. And a drill press with a very very nice vise to hold everything perfectly perpendicular to the drill. Like lock that shit down sort of stuff.

We could probably get away with drilling everything with the drill press. It's the handguard retainer notch that almost needs a mill. Unless the drill press has a nice movable vise/platform we could back a end mill bit into it.

And, of course, we can always do the old fashioned dremel + hand file work. If you have the time, you can file the handguard notch in there carefully and slowly. Everything is ****ing possible when it comes to building AKs. My AK74 was hand fitted and assembled because I didn't give a **** about what negative nancy "AK building Master a**h***s" told me on the internet. I just went and did it, posted a thread about it, and flew my right hand high with my middle finger pointed at god like the a**h*** that I am.

We can get that shit done. Disregard my pussy earlier in this post. **** sending it out.

Last edited:
shit, yours is a virgin virgin kit. Like the rear runnion needs drilled for the underfolding stock (three holes), the trigger guard needs drilled for the mag release (maybe? not sure if your is virgin there), and the front trunnion needs drilled for 4 rivets and the barrel pin- probably not too hard for the barrel pin.

And I don't even know about the FSB- need drilled for the pins? No clue. Got your kit yet to see what needs to be done?

also- this guy will do all of that if you want to chicken out. I probably would- I sent my krink kit there to get the barrel done and the rest of it de-milled. He did GREAT work, just took forever with me as I got in on his "introductory" rates which were a little lower, so I was deprioritized I'm assuming. Still came back looking fine.

Virgin kit barrel assembly service

and from his akfiles thread, it looks like he's got his FFL now. Which is nice.

WTS Barrel Services - Page 9 - The AK Files Forums

we need to talk to boris about doing this. If someone can do it without ****ing it up, he'd be a good start. We'll need a bunch of different sized drill bits, one big enough for the rear trunnion folder mechanism, and a barrel pin reamer. And a drill press with a very very nice vise to hold everything perfectly perpendicular to the drill. Like lock that shit down sort of stuff.

We could probably get away with drilling everything with the drill press. It's the handguard retainer notch that almost needs a mill. Unless the drill press has a nice movable vise/platform we could back a end mill bit into it.

And, of course, we can always do the old fashioned dremel + hand file work. If you have the time, you can file the handguard notch in there carefully and slowly. Everything is ****ing possible when it comes to building AKs. My AK74 was hand fitted and assembled because I didn't give a **** about what negative nancy "AK building Master a**h***s" told me on the internet. I just went and did it, posted a thread about it, and flew my right hand high with my middle finger pointed at god like the a**h*** that I am.

We can get that shit done. Disregard my pussy earlier in this post. **** sending it out.

I'm half way into a felonious fotay, watching the new red dawn, I will reread this tomorrow sober. Don't be beetch, come out this weekend and tell me in person I am in over my head with this kit. [cheers]

I did the retainer notch with a Dremel and file when I did a Saiga barrel that needed it. It came out a little sloppy but not bad because the gas tube keeps the lever tight. I've seen people do it by using a retainer w/out the lever as a jig almost to line up the notch correctly.

I did the retainer notch with a Dremel and file when I did a Saiga barrel that needed it. It came out a little sloppy but not bad because the gas tube keeps the lever tight. I've seen people do it by using a retainer w/out the lever as a jig almost to line up the notch correctly.

this is the advice I like. Resourceful

Back
Top Bottom