Dr. Who

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I watched it many ages ago when the Doctor had a long scarf and curly hair. Once they changed characters I stopped watching.
I watched that one.

The latest one is a bit more interesting. this one can be pissed off. They often refer the Doctor as "a good man" and they quote a poem about "Demons run when a good man goes to war."

Also, the Daleks are even eviler now.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I watched a lot of the early series. My son found the newest Dr last night and I saw glimpses of it. Looks promising.

Dirtypacman

NES Door Greeter
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I have watched a few seasons of the new DR. WHO - it is done pretty well but nothing can compare to the old Who series.
I am a big Who fan and have maybe 15 DVDs with complete episodes of many of my favorite Who actors - Baker being my favorite.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My three boys are all Dr Who freaks...I used to watch the Tom Baker series years ago but life got too busy to keep up with all the different ones...I'll watch them every once in a while but I guess unless you keep up with the goings on (much like a soap opera I guess), one tends to lose grip with the story thread.

I still watch the Baker series "reruns" on NetFlix when I get the chance.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I love the Dr. Who series. Just make sure you watch it in order to get a lot of the inside jokes. Netflix has them all streaming so its very easy to watch them in order

sent from tapatalk mobile app

pdm

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Tennant was my favorite Doctor, but Smith is pretty good too. They had a sort of "recap" episode this Saturday and another one coming next Saturday (the 20th). New episode on the 27th, IIRC.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
IMO, Tom Baker (long scarf) was the best, the current one is pretty good, too. Too many daleks now, though.

Back in the 70's I was in England with my parents, and there was a poster in a store featuring John Pertwee (Doctor prior to Tom Baker) saying, "Paint me a moster to exterminate!"

Must be tough coming up with a "monster of the week" , every week.....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tom Baker (Scarf-Fro) was my first doctor... supposedly your first is usually who you consider best..... anyway... i thought he was the best 'til he was a jerk to me about an autograph... bastard... anyway... DEF. watch doctor who from the beginning of the new series with christopher exxleswhatever, then tennant, then this new guy, who i'm still up in the air about...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched as a kid in the 70's
Started watching on and off when the Dr. came back a few years ago. Then got caught up at the end of the David Tennant version of the Dr.. Have not missed an episode of the Newest Dr. Best show on T.V.

Thanks to Netfix I can get up to date on Torchwood also.

The only problem is my 4year old keeps trying to unlock doors with his "Sonic Flashlight" [smile]

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Amy Pond first, Billie Piper second.

I've only seen some of the old shows by streaming on Netflix (I wish they had a complete list, and put them in order). But, from the old series, I'd vote for Romana #2.

kurtb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Love it. My oldest daughter and I watch together. The new guy is very good, but David Tennant was the best since Tom Baker.

Oh yeah - and Amy Pond is nice to look at for 74 minutes too!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If anyone likes Neil Gaiman, he wrote "The Doctor's Wife" that was just amazing. In a nutshell the TARDIS takes on a human body and is able to directly talk with the Doctor.

Some of his credits are Caroline (movie/book) American Gods (book), The Sandman (comic)

The KEY piece of dialogue in the whole episode to me is:
The Doctor: You know, since we're talking with mouths—not really an opportunity that comes along very often—I just want to say, you know you have never been very reliable.
Idris: And you have?
The Doctor: You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
Idris: No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
The Doctor: You did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom