• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DPMS AR Lower Parts Kit for $47.49

Build it yourself and save?

Has anyone completed a build and added up all the receipts. Before purchasing a complete DCM match rifle I considered building one myself. After researching all I could I came to the conclusion that I might save $50, but then had no warranty or recourse if there was a problem. I do enjoy building custom vehicles etc, and would like to build a match class upper. Any input as to how and where to justify this build would be appreciated.

Has anyone completed a build and added up all the receipts. Before purchasing a complete DCM match rifle I considered building one myself. After researching all I could I came to the conclusion that I might save $50, but then had no warranty or recourse if there was a problem. I do enjoy building custom vehicles etc, and would like to build a match class upper. Any input as to how and where to justify this build would be appreciated.

For $1130 I got all this

Spikes Tactical Infidel Lower
CMT LPK
H2 Buffer and Spring
Ergo Grip
CAA 6 Pos Stock
Stag 2T Upper- Came with Samson Rail and A.R.M.S Rear BUIS
Crane Reliabilty Package
Tango Down Vertical Fore Grip
Tac Light w/ pressure switch
Eo-Tech 551 HWS

This doesnt include the two slings, 6 Pmags and 6 USGI Mags with Magpul gen 2 followers and Ranger Plates. There may more things I forgot to add.

Well, I added up everything I'm doing for my build and I'm at about $850.00 and Anvil Arms has a lifetime warranty....Plus, I get the gun I want, how I want it and not as the company wants to sell it to me. As for DPMS kits, I think it would depend on who supplies their parts - based on what I've read, I'd likely take a pass. This is the Internet however and you can't always believe what you read. Suffice it to say though that I've read enough negative reports about out of spec DPMS parts and rifles, that I'm leery....

Anyone or dealer cost

Well, I added up everything I'm doing for my build and I'm at about $850.00 and Anvil Arms has a lifetime warranty....Plus, I get the gun I want, how I want it and not as the company wants to sell it to me. As for DPMS kits, I think it would depend on who supplies their parts - based on what I've read, I'd likely take a pass. This is the Internet however and you can't always believe what you read. Suffice it to say though that I've read enough negative reports about out of spec DPMS parts and rifles, that I'm leery....

Can anyone purchase these parts at the same prices or are these parts dealer priced?

I have built three AR lowers using mostly DPMS parts and have no complaints.

How high is your round count? How hard have you run them (I.E. How many rounds have you put through it in one range trip). Have you taken any classes where you have put more than 500 rounds through your rifle in a day?

-DM-

Back
Top Bottom