WTS $DOWN$ - Vintage IEL Pioneer 'RA' chainsaw -'57 Chevy of classic saws!

Peaceseeker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Down, to $249.

A suweetly-classic 1957-58 IEL brand 'RA' Pioneer model vintage 100.5cc chainsaw.

In my somewhat-experienced opinion, the coolest-looking of all saws; I call it the '57 Chevy of saws, given its rounded lines, etc. - And....the dating works, as well...:)

This is a generally-nice, original example. Had intended to do a repaint but....been trying to organize, and, thus, letting some things go....that I really shouldn't...

- Certainly appears to be original paint, in sound-enough condition to be a desirable example, as it is... Or,
as I had intended, a repaint is always an option.

- I acquired this a few years back; it started right up. I, then, went ahead and ordered an OEM carb rebuild kit,
so it would be nicely-refreshed for the next 50 years! The kit still awaits its opportunity to serve...
- It is lacking the 'Pioneer' original logo on the top, BUT....I found something that looks at-least as good, which
can be mounted(visible in the photos, sitting-loose, in place). And, there is a central plug lacking on the top cover,
but surely something suitable can be found for that spot. - Otherwise, it appears complete and original. The bar
has had some weld repair near the front end, but appears quite sound and servicable.
- I also have a spare OEM pull-start return spring, just to have because I came across it, and may have some
other spares, as well.

Offering the whole package, for just $300.{Comfortably-under my investment, and that's only the saw...} I'm sure a collector will treasure this saw, and do it right... Will ship at actual-cost-only, which can
be determined once the saw, and bar, are separately packed.

Located in Foxboro, MA, and can usually accommodate a visit most anytime.

THIS one: http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...fb647dcc59038d3f88256af9001b5608?OpenDocument

DSCN0748.JPG
DSCN0749.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1425.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1426.jpeg
DSCN0752.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1427.jpeg
DSCN0754.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1428.jpeg
DSCN0756.JPG
DSCN0757.JPG
DSCN0758.JPG
DSCN0759.JPG
DSCN0760.JPG
DSCN0761.JPG

Last edited:

Peaceseeker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Really gotta keep moving' forward, on the ADDer-cumulation of schtuff, and....this fine piece of 'Mericana has been in the front hall, for a while now.

Thus, while I have about $400. 'vested in her, gonna do the painful, and offer-up for just $200. Unless, of course, in a great expression of
mercy and understanding, with to proffer more...!

Top Bottom