Double Your Fun 1911

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
80's throwback, a double action conversion to a Colt .45. I rework everything inside and out. It's actually very nice to shoot. I was a sceptic at first. Soon to be on the market.

YsWcEFU.jpg

YKnsWw4.jpg

28S7tcn.jpg

So, does the hinged trigger provide more leverage to push the regular trigger, or is there actual linkage behind the hinged trigger?

Is the Series 80 internal safety kept?

Does it work like an old Seecamp?

What a beautiful piece. If it shoots half as good as it looks it is a treasure. I love the lines and when I look at it, I really appreciate why the 1911 has been called "Old slab side". Truly a work of art.

I was a sceptic at first.
i am too. trying to wrap my head around this one

I rework everything inside and out.
i'm sure the work is impeccable, as usual. very clean, this one, no checkering on front strap, looks like mainspring housing is groved. any work done on the top of the slide...like a milled rib? or is it clean as well? i'm likin' the shape/contouring of the trigger guard. i'd love to shoot it!

There’s just something about the design of a full size 1911 that I love. I have one, and have my eyes on two others. Toss in a little Greg Derr design and my wife would probably think I’m having an affair!

So, does the hinged trigger provide more leverage to push the regular trigger, or is there actual linkage behind the hinged trigger?

Is the Series 80 internal safety kept?

Does it work like an old Seecamp?
This is Seecamps design. It's not marked so I can't attribute it to him. Most likely made by his team after they closed.

The pistol shown in the pictures is cocked (and locked), so it is presumably DA/SA. I had never seen or heard of a pistol like this, so I typed "Seacamp 1911 conversion" into google, and got quite a few results. To anyone else who is interested, I recommend doing a similar search. Apparently, these conversions are rare, but not unheard of, so there is a fair amount of info about them.

And to Mr. Derr, thank you for posting about this unusual pistol. Your work is beautiful as always.

Back
Top Bottom