• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Double Shooting at Army Barracks in Conway, NH

I just got this update from someone here in my PM and they asked me to post it:

"It was 3 people killed 2 from Massachusetts and the other was James Walker a close friend of mine who managed that store. Fryeburg police caught the suspect on some railroad tracks and was being held on a warrant and was later charged with the 3 murders.

If you can please post on that bulletin because it won't let me. That the Army Barracks is accepting any donations at there locations. you can also mail a check to the James Walker Memorial Fund at the Army Barracks Headquarters in Salem Mass. www.armybarracks.com"

Shooter confesses to reporters-Says victims "botched the robbery"

I wonder if that means they tried to fight back

By DAVID SHARP
Associated Press Writer
U.S. Video
Advertisement
Buy AP Photo Reprints

SOUTH PARIS, Maine (AP) -- A man suspected in the deaths of three people at a New Hampshire outdoors equipment store told reporters as he was led into a courtroom Thursday that he did it because he "needed the money."

Michael Woodbury spoke to reporters as he was being led across a parking lot from the Oxford County jail to the courthouse to be arraigned as a fugitive from justice.

"They botched the robbery," Woodbury, 31, said of the victims.

A reporter then asked, "Did you do it?"

"Unfortunately, I did," Woodbury answered.

Asked why he did it, Woodbury replied: "Needed the money."

In court, Woodbury, of Windham, Maine, waived extradition to New Hampshire. New Hampshire authorities then drove Woodbury back to the state, where he is scheduled to be arraigned Friday on three counts of first-degree murder.

Woodbury was arrested in Maine on Tuesday, the day after three men were shot at the story in Conway, N.H. The shooting prompted a massive manhunt involving officers from several agencies, a helicopters and search dogs. Woodbury was found walking along railroad tracks in Fryeburg, Maine, about five miles away.

The shooting victims were James Walker, 34, manager of the Army Barracks store; William Jones, 25, of Walpole, Mass.; and Gary Jones, 23, of Plymouth, Mass. The Massachusetts men were not related, but relatives said the two friends were as close as brothers. They had been hiking and had stopped at the outdoors gear shop on their way home.

© 2007 Th

In response to my query . . . from a prominent owner of multiple businesses located in Conway, NH.

It turns out to be a stupid robbery by a very bad person. My guess is that the manager might have tried to stop him.
They caught the guy who killed the manager and two shoppers.
He got out of jail in May and since then they have been chasing him from Kentucky to here.
After getting out of jail he robbed a bank at gun point; stole several cars; and did an arson job. They have been chasing him; he showed up here because at one time he lived with an adoptive farther in Windham, Maine.

Back
Top Bottom