Double homicide suspect's arrest

Absolutely nuts!

With all the examples of cops using extreme force and killing people for minor things like pointing a finger, this cop manages to arrest a double homicide suspect who attacks and literally tries to get the cop to kill him, without shooting him. Truth of the matter is, he probably should have shot him. If only all cops could show this level of restraint we probably wouldn't be where we are today. Some serious stones. Kudos.

Last edited by a moderator:
1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

Cop is lucky the guy didn't feel like killing him. See the Dinkheller shooting vid for what happens when you hesitate and let the bad guy gain the initiative.

Cop is lucky the guy didn't feel like killing him. See the Dinkheller shooting vid for what happens when you hesitate and let the bad guy gain the initiative.

That was horrible. Either start shooting, or spray the **** out of the guy with mace so he can't see. Officer was in a panic mode=lizard brain. You have to question his training, or whether he had enough.

Have they corrected this in modern academy training?

That was horrible. Either start shooting, or spray the **** out of the guy with mace so he can't see. Officer was in a panic mode=lizard brain. You have to question his training, or whether he had enough.

Have they corrected this in modern academy training?

I think that's where the shoot/choke/punch/beat anyone that doesn't immediately comply and/or questions your authoritah started.

I think that's where the shoot/choke/punch/beat anyone that doesn't immediately comply and/or questions your authoritah started.

the 0-100 response.. Agreed. If officers get showed these videos for 6 months straight during their training..

That was not just, not immediate, that was severely delayed. When he went back to his vehicle and started rummaging around.

Dinkheller's murderer was put to death in January of this year.

Brannan pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, but the jury found that the murder of Dinkheller was carried out in a torturous and cruel manner.[SUP][1][/SUP] Brannan was found guilty of murder on January 28, 2000, and was sentenced to death on January 30, 2000. Brannan was executed by lethal injection on January 13, 2015.

Damn [sad2]
The kid just really didn't have it in him to shoot the guy when he should have.
It's not a natural act to take another life.
The only time you find out is in a situation like that, and no matter how much smack talk some folks do, most don't when the time comes.
Training helps , but it's just not in some people.

Damn [sad2]
The kid just really didn't have it in him to shoot the guy when he should have.
It's not a natural act to take another life.
The only time you find out is in a situation like that, and no matter how much smack talk some folks do, most don't when the time comes.
Training helps , but it's just not in some people.
At what point was it ok to shoot the suspect in that video? It's easy to watch it now and come up with an answer but at first my take is the guy was drunk and acting goofy which would make you drop your guard.

At almost any point. Guy had already allegedly killed two people, threatens to kill you, runs at you. I think its fair to say shooting him would be totally justified. The fact the guy eventually surrendered could not have been predicted. That officer had more faith than most people would have, and that I commend.

The sort of person that is willing to risk his life in order to not take another's unnecessarily, that is the sort of person I want to be a police officer. Not the pussies we see way to often, who jump to undo force at the slightest thing. He showed incredible restraint.

Consider this. He backed peddled when approached. He continued to do so even to the point where he lost his balance and fell. He still didn't shoot. There were several times he could have and arguable should have shot the guy. He didn't. How many times do you see cops not only not shoot an aggressor, but even have enough restraint to attempt to back up or do anything other than resort to deadly force immediately? Almost never.

It's 2015.
Ferguson. Baltimore. South Carolina. Madison WI. etc etc...Angry mobs, bloodthirsty anarchists with the media and the "youth of today" squarely on their side. Cops literally gun-shy, not wanting to be the next match that lights the flame under the powder keg, not wanting to risk being caught on surveillance video doing something that might even be OPEN to the interpretation of "wrongdoing".

While I've railed about cops in the past and especially here in JBT-a-chusetts, bottom line is that 95% of them are good guys and gals. The problem now is that many of them have in the back of their mind the thoughts "Sh*t, if I draw? If I shoot? I could end up jobless, or jailed, forced to move out of state, family harassed, etc etc. I don't envy the cops today. especially when they have maybe a half to one and a half seconds to "react" in such as way that may save (or cost) their life. There was no video of the Ferguson shooting. Who really knows what happened? Yet the cop almost - almost - went away for a very long time and may lose literally everything in civil trial proceedings.

That second video is just horrible, I would have thought the cop would have at least taken cover behind his car door or advanced on the guy once he was leaning into his truck but you cannot script how you or anyone would react under that situation.

Im thinking that in the first video the cop would have dropped that kid if he pulled anything out of his pocket but who knows.

At what point was it ok to shoot the suspect in that video? It's easy to watch it now and come up with an answer but at first my take is the guy was drunk and acting goofy which would make you drop your guard.

The second he saw the guy with a gun in his hand.
How many times did he yell " Drop the gun" ?
Some folks would still call him a JBT , but no one deserves to die at the hands of some murdering looney tune to appease the anti authority crowd.
Putting on a uniform doesn't mean you give up your right to live.

[QUOJoeyD;4492036]At what point was it ok to shoot the suspect in that video? It's easy to watch it now and come up with an answer but at first my take is the guy was drunk and acting goofy which would make you drop your guard.[/QUOTE]

The 2nd time the cop said drop the gun, the next warning the cop should have dropped him.

The second he saw the guy with a gun in his hand.
How many times did he yell " Drop the gun" ?
Some folks would still call him a JBT , but no one deserves to die at the hands of some murdering looney tune to appease the anti authority crowd.
Putting on a uniform doesn't mean you give up your right to live.

Sorry but the cop should have put an end to this guy.

I had seen this video before and once it got to the point of the cop falling down from the backing up, I was not sure what to say.

edit: the way I worded it may seem like I was disagreeing with you which I am not.

Back
Top Bottom