Double Alpha Rotary Case Tumbler

Attention all you liquid/ss rod tumblers! Double Alpha has just introduced a rotary tumbler (500 pistol cases/300 rifle) with a clear lexan barrel specifically designed for this method of cleaning for $299.95. IT is completely programmable for time and direction of rotation and comes with a filtration system to make changing the fluid easier. For an extra $50 you can get a case drier that looks awfully like the beef jerky makers (multiple shelves at 150 cases per shelf) you see advertised late at night on TV.

This equipment is impressive, to say the least. As a lifelong corn cob grit/vibratory tumbler user I don't know whether to stand in awe of this new technology or laugh my a** off. You be the judge; check out their web site.

I've seen something similar in the CED catalog I just got.... probably same unit?

-Mike

I've seen something similar in the CED catalog I just got.... probably same unit?

-Mike

Double Apha sell a lot of CED stuff so you are probably right. They (AA) sell some pretty good stuff. I have had one of their Shottmax wrist mounted timers for about 8 months and I am very happy with it.

I have recently got into "Airsoft" pistols for practice in my garage. I have a 20 foot range with reduced sized targets to simulate the Steel Challenge stages. The Shottmax lived up to its promos; it can record shots from an Airsoft pistol. I can not only practice with these pistols but the Shottmax gives me my times. All this for six shots per penny!

PS Nothing will get me to give up my corn cob grit and vibratory tumbler but this is the most attractive alterenative I have seen so far.

Last edited:
Attention all you liquid/ss rod tumblers! Double Alpha has just introduced a rotary tumbler (500 pistol cases/300 rifle) with a clear lexan barrel specifically designed for this method of cleaning for $299.95. IT is completely programmable for time and direction of rotation and comes with a filtration system to make changing the fluid easier. For an extra $50 you can get a case drier that looks awfully like the beef jerky makers (multiple shelves at 150 cases per shelf) you see advertised late at night on TV.

This equipment is impressive, to say the least. As a lifelong corn cob grit/vibratory tumbler user I don't know whether to stand in awe of this new technology or laugh my a** off. You be the judge; check out their web site.

Well, whats the web sight ??

Yes.

I got the CED catalog this week. Brass tornado with the beef jerky drier.

Looks nice. I'm happy with my corn cop tumbling with my 23 year old Lyman. (started as a 600 but recently bought a 1200 bowl)

The thing I can't get past is the hassle of drying the cases. If I could get it cheap enough, i might do rifle with something like that. But not pistol. Pistol, I'm all about volume.

Yes.

I got the CED catalog this week. Brass tornado with the beef jerky drier.

Looks nice. I'm happy with my corn cop tumbling with my 23 year old Lyman. (started as a 600 but recently bought a 1200 bowl)

The thing I can't get past is the hassle of drying the cases. If I could get it cheap enough, i might do rifle with something like that. But not pistol. Pistol, I'm all about volume.

After doing both dry and wet the drying is the least of the hassle. I lay them out on towel on a table in front of a fan. Decapping before you wet tumble is the hassle.

why can't you decap after tumbling?

That is definitely a deal breaker for me for pistols. My pistol reloading is a manufacturing process. They come out of the tumbler and go into the hopper of the 650. They go on the press once. Thats it.

Rifles are different. I decap then tumble anyway.

Don.

ugh.

more trouble than its worth for the way i reload pistols.

(I cranked out 600 rounds tonight.)

It depends how you process it. I roll size my 9 and 40 brass on my case pro. Over the winter I'll quick dry tumble the brass, Decap it in the 650., Roll size it in the case-pro and then wet tumble (big dawg tumbler). Then I just load it as I need during the season as needed. If you work in large batches 1-2k it's not so bad.

Back
Top Bottom