• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

double 1911....I'm speechless

If they make a Triple 1911 then i want one because if they can make a double for no reason at all then a triple would be even better. Just imagine 3 ten round mags i could really show up those Glock Guys once and for all. Just as long as no one starts making a double glock then the arms race is on.

Useless. But cool as heck that someone built it. I don't want one, but I never want people to stop building over the top stuff.

Think about how big the grip is on a normal 1911.

Now think about that doubled.

They've answered a question that no one has ever asked: make me a handgun that will fit Shaq and Rob Gronkowski's hands.

Seriously... they don't expect to SELL any of those, do they? Well, maybe to Shaq, Gronk, Dave Kingman and other such tiny individuals. [rolleyes]

If they make a Triple 1911 then i want one because if they can make a double for no reason at all then a triple would be even better. Just imagine 3 ten round mags i could really show up those Glock Guys once and for all. Just as long as no one starts making a double glock then the arms race is on.
Until someone makes a quad 1911...

You need to suffer thru a commercial before the video:

[video]http://www.loopytube.com/video/1376/7-Minute-Abs[/video]

They've answered a question that no one has ever asked: make me a handgun that will fit Shaq and Rob Gronkowski's hands.

Seriously... they don't expect to SELL any of those, do they? Well, maybe to Shaq, Gronk, Dave Kingman and other such tiny individuals. [rolleyes]

I read that there might be an issue with the ATF since multiple projectiles are fired with each trigger pull or something like that.

I read that there might be an issue with the ATF since multiple projectiles are fired with each trigger pull or something like that.

That was my question!!!!! But if you look closely there are two triggers. So what does that mean? And do they function seperatly? Need more info!!!!!!

I think Glock outdid them:

fake-dynamite.jpg

There was already movie with a doubled up pistol in it. I think it was green hornet maybe? Dumb movie and dumb gun.

That looks like a double Desert Eagle
hornet_double_gun-570x386.jpg

====

They had a double handgun idea from an episode of Get Smart back in the 60's.
KAOS was importing these double revolvers mounted on a single grip frame.
Maxwell Smart and Control had to find the source and stop them.

[laugh]

Blame autodesk. This was made possible with CAD and a CNC mill.

I can see some engineering dude playing the "Wouldn't it be cool if..." with his coworkers with too much wine at lunch.

Looks intimidating but its about as impractical as a pistol gets in my opinion.

How impractical? Let me count the ways:

One 230 grain slug is usually enough, so estimate 30% waste of ammunition,
Two separate pistols would prevent a malfunction on one side from disabling the other side/the whole gun, two guns would also compel you to use your off hand to shoot more often,
Proprietary parts=expensive,
Two pistols would give you the ability to point in a wider area, and if you dropped one, you still have the other to use, You drop this you're out of the fight.
Cost of back injury/therapy from carrying one of these around on your hip should be factored into the overall cost, long term
Increased recoil from double rounds goin goff,
If you need that much firepower, you might as well carry an Uzi or other type of submachine gun.
John Moses Browning would bitchslap you into the middle of next week if he saw you carrying one, and he IS going to bitchslap the inventor/designer of it when he gets the chance to,
You could probably buy three or four regular 1911s for the price of one of these novelties and always have at least one or two that work.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if one barrel fails to fire? Will the action cycle? I doubt it. I also think the whole thing might be a photo shop fake. Two triggers?? What happens if you only squeeze one of them?? Big joke if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom