Doomsday Preppers - New Show on National Geographic

Has anyone seen the UK version of this show? It's not as over the top as the US version and seems to focus less on the crazies and more on people seeking self-sufficiency. It's like a breath of fresh air compared to the "look at these crazy preppers" American version.

The American version is about as untruthful as it can be.

Most American preppers do seek self sufficiency without all the drama. Most people turn down DDP invitations because they know its nothing more than a propaganda ploy to besmirch the good name of people who don't wish to be standing in government soup lines begging for assistance.
If you don't have a long term plan to be able to replenish your stored food supply, you're going to run out eventually.
Tools, seeds, a place to raise animals, crops, and water are whats necessary, not a couple of tupperware containers of canned veggies, bullion and tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Invisible tree house ftw

mirrored-treehuouse.jpg

Fear of heights is real and can be very debilitating. I understand your comment but it really is not funny if you are the one that's afraid.

My mom has a fear of heights I thought it was funny cause even she thought it wasn't that tall. That said I can be a bastard lol. My mom is also scared of snakes . I covered her toilet with stickers of snakes a month or two ago.... Lol.

The American version is about as untruthful as it can be.

Most American preppers do seek self sufficiency without all the drama. Most people turn down DDP invitations because they know its nothing more than a propaganda ploy to besmirch the good name of people who don't wish to be standing in government soup lines begging for assistance.
If you don't have a long term plan to be able to replenish your stored food supply, you're going to run out eventually.
Tools, seeds, a place to raise animals, crops, and water are whats necessary, not a couple of tupperware containers of canned veggies, bullion and tea.

It's just a showcase for Wise salt packets.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone.

It is no different than all the other "reality shows". They are all crap and completely setup to portray what the audience wants to see. The sad part is lots of people think these shows are actually real.

Here's a hint, if you're a convicted felon and a prohibited person, don't go on TV showing your guns:

Man On ‘Doomsday Preppers’ Arrested On Illegal Firearms Warrant

BUCKLEY, Wash. —

When Tyler Smith of Buckley appeared on National Geographic's reality show "Doomsday Preppers" he did so with rifle in hand. Smith, 26, shoots at targets and tests homemade body armor while narrating his exploits for the camera.

Smith is the leader of the survivalist group Spartan Survival. He founded the organization in 2005 to train and prepare others for various doomsday scenarios.

The problem is, Smith is a felon, convicted of communicating with a minor for immoral purposes and theft. He's not supposed to go anywhere near a gun.

"Even if he doesn't own the guns, he can't handle, have those weapons, fire them (or) possess them in any way," said Pierce County Sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer.

After spotting him on Doomsday Preppers, Sheriff's investigators began doing some preparing of their own, getting a warrant for Smith's arrest and picking him up Wednesday morning at a home in Bonney Lake where's he's been staying since he left his farm in Buckley.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/buckley-man-doomsday-preppers-arrested-illegal-fir/ncpws/

If I ever spend years and lots of money acquiring lots of preps and then hiding them and establishing hidden and secret defenses and bug out locations I will be sure to get on the show to tell everyone about them.

Caught this last night.
Seems to be riding the same theme: You can draw some good ideas but the people in the show are usually certifiably nuts. Is it me or was the guy in the yellow hat drunk as a skunk the whole time?

Well, anyone that lives in an area where he'd have to park, and then walk more then 25 yards is safe. Cuz this mother ****er is going into cardiac arrest on yard 26. If he has that stupid body armor on, he's keeling over on yard 15.

But this guy represents a new threat you should all be planning for. The "marauding prepper".

You mean "marauding non preppers".

Most people who are aware enough to be prepared for things are not of the mindset to go out stealing from others. It's the dependent sheeple who will be the problem, more so than they are now.

Caught this last night.
Seems to be riding the same theme: You can draw some good ideas but the people in the show are usually certifiably nuts. Is it me or was the guy in the yellow hat drunk as a skunk the whole time?

The old guy with his family in the bunker for the 24 hour test? I thought he had survived a stroke in the past at some point.

That's another thing I noticed about a lot of people on this show. They are HELL bent on protecting what is theirs, surviving whatever catastrophe the world can throw at them......But they're so damn out of shape themselves they'd be lucky to even run 100 yards before they collapse. Unclear on the concept.

I like that they brought back the scores at the end of the episodes. I wish they would also add a crazy meter.

They brought back the scores but they only seem to be focusing on one area of the persons prepping. The guy in Texas with the shelter had a whole pond stocked with fish, but they only gave him 10/20 on both food and water. ????

They brought back the scores but they only seem to be focusing on one area of the persons prepping. The guy in Texas with the shelter had a whole pond stocked with fish, but they only gave him 10/20 on both food and water. ????

That scoring system is a sham.

Back
Top Bottom