• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dont you hate when you get hot brass down your shirt? and someone is video tapinG?

I just happened to be taking a clip when my buddy had a casing go down his shirt. Too funny not to share .\\

Last edited by a moderator:
I just happened to be taking a clip when my buddy had a casing go down his shirt.

You were out in front of the line while he was shooting???
shocked.gif
You're either braver or crazier than I am. Maybe both.

That happened to my wife the second time I took her shooting... except she had retained enough of my 'safety talk' to take her finger off the trigger and keep the gun pointed down range while she danced around.

actually a few months back i caught a 45 brass behind my safety glasses. it just cleared the frame and sat in the corner of my eye and sizzled. I just took the burn cus I was shooting (M&P9c, my friend next to me was shooting a 1911) and didn't want to swing a firearm at the range in panic. left a nice lil scar.

I just happened to be taking a clip when my buddy had a casing go down his shirt. Too funny not to share .\\

It's funny but can be pretty scary too.

I took a new shooter to the range. He was shooting my Kimber 45 ACP and a hot case landed in his shirt. He started hopping up and down and he turned to me and all his friends while laughing and screaming. Unfortunately he turned with the gun as well has his finger on the trigger. I still remember that uncomfortable moment when the business end of my 1911 was pointed right at my abdomen. At that moment I decided NOT to go for the gun as I thought there was more of a chance of me disturbing his finger and yanking the trigger than there was of him hopefully remaining somewhat safe on it.

Now all my new shooters get a lecture on exactly that scenario and are told "It may be hot but it will not scar. Do not freak out and keep the gun pointed down range".

By the way your friend screams like a teenage girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually a few months back i caught a 45 brass behind my safety glasses. it just cleared the frame and sat in the corner of my eye and sizzled. I just took the burn cus I was shooting (M&P9c, my friend next to me was shooting a 1911) and didn't want to swing a firearm at the range in panic. left a nice lil scar.

Had that one happen to me on one of my first shoots. The casing climbed the divider on the indoor range, then dropped neatly behind my glasses, burning a nice hole in my cheek.what are the odds?

Got it again last weekend, standing behind my son. Off the divider, straight down my shirt. Feck, it cooked my belly button. And yes, I danced like a pansy trying to get it out.

Same thing happened to me at an IDPA shoot last year!! I wasnt wearing a baseball hat, and the round just sat there. I thought a Bee had stung me first till the burn really set in LOL. Note to self: hat is mandatory next time LOL

Now all my new shooters get a lecture on exactly that scenario and are told "It may be hot but it will not scar. Do not freak out and keep the gun pointed down range".

Oh yes, it can definitely scar. I have a scar on the back of my neck that I think is shaped like the state of Maine from a 5.56 case that got stuck in my flak jacket while we were training in a shoot house once.

[thinking]
I was shooting my brothers AR. I shoot lefty. By the time I was done, my neck looked like I had chicken pox or something. Shooting left handed at most shoots, you get this a lot from shooters next to you.

Been there, felt that. 9mm brass. It was the end of the first class I helped out instructing. It was centerfire night, and it went down the collar of the golf shirt I was wearing at the time.

Cherry popped, it left me with a hickey.

First time I took my wife to the range I had a 9mm casing hit me in the forehead and roll down to rest between my nose and my glasses. Man did that hurt.

Oh yes, it can definitely scar. I have a scar on the back of my neck that I think is shaped like the state of Maine from a 5.56 case that got stuck in my flak jacket while we were training in a shoot house once.

This,I have a perfect 5.56 case scar on my forearm.

I got back into highpower shooting last summer, forgot a hat. I was shooting an M1 Garand. First round of timed offhand went straight upland landed between my eyelid and my glasses.

Back
Top Bottom