Don't think you'd find this in any of our papers around here

MrsWildweasel

NES Member
So I'll share this,got off another site....

This ran in today's Free-Lance Star, Fredericksburg, Va.

B AGHDAD--My name is Daniel Wardlow. I grew up in Fredericks- burg. I graduated from James Monroe High School.

I would like to thank you. I know that so many of you support those like myself who are serving in Iraq.

My parents, who as you can imagine are worried to death about their son, live in Fredericksburg. I have been blessed with an awesome family that supports me, a city that supports the military, and a president who goes out of his way for the troops in Iraq.

Iraq seems horrible because of my fallen brothers and sisters in arms. However, we are doing so much more than dying over here. I want you to know that the people of Iraq have thanked me for helping them become free. These people have a new look on life.

If you have children, I want you to look at them. Imagine them having bloated bellies because of hunger. Imagine them not having clothes, or having to run barefoot, not for fun, but because they have no shoes.

Look at their smiles. Watch them as they play. The reason for their safety is America's military, stopping things before they happen, and making a difference abroad and at home.

If you have a mother, father, wife, or husband, look at them and imagine them hurt, killed, or kidnapped for the sake of tyranny. Realize how much you love them. Don't take those you love for granted.

I volunteered for this job. I didn't want the fight to be in my parents' kitchen or bedroom. I didn't want the fight to be in your home. I didn't want the horror on American soil once again. War is ugly, but innocent Americans shouldn't have to worry about death and carnage.

In my time in Iraq, I have seen schools built. I have seen my safety rise because of other soldiers, Marines, airmen, and sailors. I have seen the election firsthand, the hands of those who were so proud to vote in a free election. I am proud to know that in history my fellow Americans and brother and sisters at arms will not have died in vain.

I will continue to support our president, because he is the reason the number of dead isn't nearing 10,000. He has made the life of a soldier deployed to Iraq improve tenfold. We have the equipment we need and the support from a man who makes decisions I wouldn't want to have to make.

Because of President Bush's legislation, people who aren't citizens of our country but want to fight for what it stands for can become U.S. citizens. Because of our leadership in the military, we are safe, more prepared, and motivated. We cannot lose sight of Sept. 11 or the oppression it represents.

Being in Iraq has made me love the United States so much more. It has made me miss "having it my way" at Burger King. It has made me miss shopping at a store and going to a park. Grass, trees, sanitation, and a stable life are missed by all soldiers deployed. Families, children, husbands, and wives are missed. I, and others like me, do it because we know that we are making a difference for people who couldn't do it for themselves.

I wrote this to express my love for my country, family, and fellow citizens in Fredericksburg. I also wrote this so that people would read this and realize they can use a flushing toilet and tuck their children in at night because our troops continue to make that possible.

Remember, freedom isn't free, and the security of this nation all the way back to the Revolutionary War was created on the backs of your soldiers, Marines, airmen, and sailors.

Remember that as you pray for me, I pray for you. I pray for those who take life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, family, and freedom for granted. I pray that they will one day realize just how blessed they are to live in the greatest nation, the beautiful and free United States of America.

SGT. DANIEL WARDLOW is a Fredericksburg resident serving with the U.S. military in Baghdad.

Thanks, Mrs WW.

That got forwarded immediately to my oh-so-liberal mother. I will no doubtedly get a rant back about Bush and how Rove is pulling his strings and we don't belong there, etc, but so what. (Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but she's got blinders when it comes to politics).

Ross

The more they scream, rant and foam at the mouth about Bush, Rove, the vast right-wing conspiracy, the Illuminati or the black helicopters, the more you know that you got them right where it hurts, and they haven't got a single sensible thing to come back with.

(Did he say "black helicopters"? I thought it was the other wackos who were worried about them.)

KMaurer said:
The more they scream, rant and foam at the mouth about Bush, Rove, the vast right-wing conspiracy, the Illuminati or the black helicopters, the more you know that you got them right where it hurts, and they haven't got a single sensible thing to come back with.

You forgot to mention calling Mr Bush an idiot. (let's not discuss the fact that Kerry got even lower marks in college - He's a Democrat... that makes it all better)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom