• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

don't rest your shotgun on your foot!

Tis merely a flesh wound! "Bring out yer dead! Bring out yer dead!"

I wish all this digital photagraphy had been around when I was younger and did this dumb stuff much more often. A picture I wish I had is one of my thumb on New years morning in 1978 when my friend and I were splitting wood for my dad and I held the whedge while my friend swung the 12 pounder. Opps I forgot my thumb should not be on the top of the wedge. My left thumb looked like a cartoon cigar with a firecracker in it. Would have made a great picture. Many stiches and it hurt like hell.

I wish all this digital photagraphy had been around when I was younger and did this dumb stuff much more often. A picture I wish I had is one of my thumb on New years morning in 1978 when my friend and I were splitting wood for my dad and I held the whedge while my friend swung the 12 pounder. Opps I forgot my thumb should not be on the top of the wedge. My left thumb looked like a cartoon cigar with a firecracker in it. Would have made a great picture. Many stiches and it hurt like hell.

one of my buddies had that happen to him a few years ago...did not look pretty

Meh, hike up your skirt and walk it off, Nancy. [shocked]

I hope those pictures were taken right before he went to the emergency room, or perhaps between bandage changes. Ouch.

That is always amazes me about these things. I am also not a fan of the policies of so many trap ranges where they have you point down all non top break shotguns. When I was a kid it was muzzle above your head straight up. I suspect those policies though are derived from some NRA manual.

My grandfather's answer to every injury. "Bah! It's just a scratch. Rub some dirt on it and here's some duct tape. You'll be fine."

a bad case of athlete's foot

I see those leather pads in the catalogs that attach to your boot so you can rest your shotgun on your boot in style but it always seemed like a bad idea to me

I'm just thinking how much it hurts when you stub your toe hard... damn this musta been a killer.

Isn't the rule not to point the muzzle at anything you don't intend to destroy? I generally would assume people would not want to destroy their foot...idiot.

Something doesnt seem right ...the wound looks like a few days old in that picture.

Not as bad as the foot picture on ARCOM a few years ago...blew out the back half of his foot with a shotgun but left the bone to the heal.

Nice job, numb nuts

ass+clown.jpg

I always put my muzzle on my shoe when shooting skeet or trap. AFTER checking the chamber, and with the action open.

Back
Top Bottom