• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't remember

No, not legal in MA. Check out MGL Ch. 140, sec. 131M.

It is a felony unless you are military or LENF and given it for use in your official duties.

Please correct me if I am wrong on this - but, a 30 round magazine is illegal in MA, according to the law Cross-X referred to - if it was not "legally possessed" before the institution of the Assault Weapons ban (1994)

This means you cannot buy new magazines of over 10 round capacity and legally possess them in MA.

There are however literally millions of AR magazines out there that were manufactured before 1994. You can supposedly legally possess these magazines in MA.

Check out the Classifieds - there has been a number of postings recently from people selling pre-ban AR mags.

Just because the dealer will sell them to you - doesn't make the mags legal. I had a go around with a dealer last week who insisted that a State Trooper told him that Glock mags over 10 round capacity were legal to sell in MA - brand new. And said dealer was selling them.

The laws are so screwed up in MA that even the police do not know what is legal or not.

And to answer your next question... it is legal to use a pre-ban magazine in a post-ban firearm. [wink]

BTW... I'm surprised **** shipped the mag to MA.

When did you actually place the order? My guess is that they may just review the order and contact you as it is indeed illegal for them to sell to those to you and they run a tight ship. I would expect that they'll just cancel the order.

Never mind. We posted at the same time.

Be there to receive the package and reject it immediately. Do not accept it. Do not handle it. Just reject it.

Back
Top Bottom