• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't put your gun in the oven!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340688,00.html

Man Charged After Gun Hidden in Oven Goes Off, Injuring 2 Boys
Saturday, March 22, 2008

CHICAGO — Chicago police say two children were injured when a loaded handgun hidden inside an oven discharged when the stove was heated for cooking.

Twenty-four-year-old Anthony Smith of Chicago has been charged with two counts of endangering the life of a child.

Police spokesman Marcel Bright says Smith apparently had hidden the gun in the oven.

The injured children's sister was cooking Friday afternoon when the gun went off. A 4-year-old boy is in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the leg. His 12-year-old brother was struck on the forehead by a fragment from the gun. He has been treated and released.

Smith, a convicted felon on parole, also was charged with unlawful use of a weapon.

It was not immediately clear if Smith was represented by an attorney.

Mythbusters did a segment on this very scenario, as I recall. They confirmed that the oven heat will indeed set off the round. So this is unfortunately not the first time somebody has been stupid enough to hide a gun in the oven.

bugs bunny says "im glad i live in the city where its safe, a guy could get killed out there in the country with all them guns going off" Propaganda?? you decide.

What about putting a gun in a microwave ?

That would be cool.

Long before you cook off a round, you are likely to blow the magnetron tube in the microwave. Just before that happens, though, you'll see some interesting fireworks as the microwave RF generator arcs to the large metal object.

(There's a reason why you don't use metal pots, pans and dishes in a microwave.)

bugs bunny says "im glad i live in the city where its safe, a guy could get killed out there in the country with all them guns going off" Propaganda?? you decide.

Spoken as he walks into the bank, after he surviving near death crossing the street. It's pure sarcasm, and a great anticipatory set-up for the bank scene. It's brilliant.

They don't make cartoons like that anymore. [sad2]

Nuff said!

You say "he's a federlly prohibited person! "If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns"", etc.

They say "This poor underpriviliged guy and his family. See, they just can't make decisions for themselves. We need to protect them from themselves."

A similar situation happend on the 2nd floor of out 3 floor tenament a couple of years ago. It involved a can of food instead of a gun. The people living on the 2nd floor (my landlord) used the oven as extra storage space. One day we heard a loud KABOOM! and wondered what had happen. I'm sure you can guess. The can blew the door off the oven and sent it flying into the bathroom. The oven took on a round shape and could no be removed from it's space between the counters - it had to be hacked out. The kitchen walls, floors and ceiling were covered in the can's contents. Luckily no one was hurt...except the oven.

Amateurs...

8952b1399fb19cbdd0696ba608293e65.jpg
95u1hmkrv0a61.jpg

Back
Top Bottom