Don't panic - the PROCESS in MA will not be like NY

I guess we all have to make our choices and I damn sure don't want a bit of it but the 7 round mag and having to destroy or sell my pre-bans is my final straw. I think it's the insinuation that the only thing they're good for is massacres that bothers me most.

NY is a lot more communist than MA is, believe it or not. Their legislature doesn't hate their governor nearly as much, either. Believe it or not, MA legiscritters, by and large, actually dislike Deval, even the ones who are Democrats. They have been butting heads with him for awhile. If Deval says "Here ram this through!" they're going to be like "yeah right, **** you. We might agree with you but we don't take orders from you. "

Please post this if you actually know what it is.

-Mike

I don't. I was trying to point out that this is the information that we need when/if it is available.

FTF won't end. At least most of them. If you have your license, you've already submitted to a background check. You need your license to do an eFA-10. Mass is already complying with the universal background checks in that aspect.

It's good to hear it will go through a normal legislative process and not be crammed through quickly. Although even if the entire thing is thrown out we still have the second most oppressive gun laws in the nation right now.

It's good to hear it will go through a normal legislative process and not be crammed through quickly. Although even if the entire thing is thrown out we still have the second most oppressive gun laws in the nation right now.

Well not 2nd, but still scary non the less.

Its for the children.

If they really believed that than they would cut spending, stop trampling on individual liberties, and entertain armed personnel in schools. They are so full of shit it makes my head hurt.

I will tell you that Obama is one scary leader. He's a rockstar and most sheep would back him in abolishing term limits. For christs sake, girls pass out when they see him in person. With his actions of late, he acts more like a king than a president. Scary stuff people.

actually, it looks a LOT like NY.
I think you missed the entire point of my post. Yes, we all know that Governer Patrick's bill looks like the NY bill. The point is, that this got passed through an overnight secret session and rapidly the next day. My Rep was explaining to me that MA legislature doesn't work that way - there are bills from the House and Senate, and lots of discussion/debate before a consensus bill. There is, as someone else said, a tendency for them to reject a lot of what the Governor proposes. So, the eventual bill probably won't look at all like the Governors Bill.

That is why I said the PROCESS (in caps) won't BE like NY. Not that the bill wasn't similar.

absolutely, and even if all this gets thrown out it will only be a year or another shooting until they try again

I think you missed the entire point of my post. Yes, we all know that Governer Patrick's bill looks like the NY bill. The point is, that this got passed through an overnight secret session and rapidly the next day. My Rep was explaining to me that MA legislature doesn't work that way - there are bills from the House and Senate, and lots of discussion/debate before a consensus bill. There is, as someone else said, a tendency for them to reject a lot of what the Governor proposes. So, the eventual bill probably won't look at all like the Governors Bill.

That is why I said the PROCESS (in caps) won't BE like NY. Not that the bill wasn't similar.

apologies - I had just gotten done reading the notification from my club and skimmed the your post - my bad - I'll clean it up.

Even with the process of the proposed bill having to go to committee and public hearings WE can not let up. If our reps. don't hear from us that we oppose this proposed bill they will just pass it.

As folks have said many many times before here, write letters, send emails, make phone calls. We need our voices heard LOUD and clear.

Why did the 1 in NY get pushed though so quick? Or how I should say? It seemed like that happened in like 2 minutes.

So their wonderful governor Cuomo could be the first in the nation to "Do something about gun violence" i can smell that 2016 presidential run already. Its nothing more than a personal pr thing for him

So their wonderful governor Cuomo could be the first in the nation to "Do something about gun violence" i can smell that 2016 presidential run already. Its nothing more than a personal pr thing for him

That won't give him any red states - so I think that could be a miscalculation on his side.

Guys, as re-assuring as this post sounds, we must not let up. We need to stay vigilant and challenge ourselves to get as many pro-gun, and common sense thinking people to write to our state house in opposition to this measure. Hearing the voice of the voters MUST be a part of the process or the process will not end in our favor! Thread. Keep our heads and fight!!!!

You have to realize, this is a negotiation. The bill has enough fat in it to be trimmed. Like the OP said, so it will look like a victory. I can see some crap happening with the mental health issue, the "gun show" loophole, and maybe some other crap, but I am also optimistic that some fat will be trimmed off this bill, and hopefully our magazine capacity is part of it.
For now, chin up, and don't speculate the worst.

Its that kind of thinking that can be very dangerous! always expect the worst! espsecially now with CT shooting fresh in everyones mind.

What, a politician that tells you what they think you want to hear? Say it isn't so. Sorry for being so cynical. This BS has me angry as hell.

I'll just chime in that I hope you folks are all contacting your state representatives, senators and the governor's office. I wrote some letters last night. It didn't take long.

Back
Top Bottom