• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't panic - the PROCESS in MA will not be like NY

I truly believe if enough people vocalize their objections the proposed state and federal regulations will disappear--for now.

It's up to YOU what happens next.

Having been a registered member for some time, I decided now was the time to go Green. And to renew my membership with NRA, GOAL and other organizations. They may not accomplish everything we want but they are in place. I've also written several times to my represenatives and senators. I'm not panicing, but I agree now is the time to make our voices heard in as many quarters as possible.

My reps office told me the same thing today -- the process will be nothing like NY, it's early, lots will change, etc. I got the impression that the mental health stuff is seen as most likely to go through with the rest on the table but receiving less clear support. All for what it's worth, naturally. This is Mass, plan accordingly.

Remember, we all just witnessed that ram-job in NY. It is human nature to think the State of the midnight legislative pay raises may follow suit.

We need to be on top of this. For example, this committee has the bill on their plate right now for a recommendation, here are the 10 members, contact them now and tell them to vote no. That type of stuff could be effective, IMO.

It is in Committee already? Who are the 10 members? They ABSOLUTELY need to be hammered.

Remember, we all just witnessed that ram-job in NY. It is human nature to think the State of the midnight legislative pay raises may follow suit.

NY is a lot more communist than MA is, believe it or not. Their legislature doesn't hate their governor nearly as much, either. Believe it or not, MA legiscritters, by and large, actually dislike Deval, even the ones who are Democrats. They have been butting heads with him for awhile. If Deval says "Here ram this through!" they're going to be like "yeah right, **** you. We might agree with you but we don't take orders from you. "

We need to be on top of this. For example, this committee has the bill on their plate right now for a recommendation, here are the 10 members, contact them now and tell them to vote no. That type of stuff could be effective, IMO.

Please post this if you actually know what it is.

-Mike

My reps office told me the same thing today -- the process will be nothing like NY, it's early, lots will change, etc. I got the impression that the mental health stuff is seen as most likely to go through with the rest on the table but receiving less clear support. All for what it's worth, naturally. This is Mass, plan accordingly.

What mental health stuff? Becomming compliant in reporting to the NICS via Devil's bill OR the Linsky bullshit that strips away our HIPAA privacy rights and allows our medical records to be accessed by police chiefs thereby, with full discretion, putting them in a position to act as an MD.

PTSD-denied, anxiety-denied, depression caused by a death in the family-denied. That is far more infuriating and unconstitutional to me than a 7 round magazine per the 5th and 14th amendments.

No Compromise.

I feel confident no FTF sales could be successfully challenged in court. In conjunction with the list it essentially removes your right to sell something like a glock that you own legally in MA, isn't that a form of a taking? Lots of people would have standing to sue(I think).

What mental health stuff? Becomming compliant in reporting to the NICS via Devil's bill OR the Linsky bullshit that strips away our HIPAA privacy rights and allows our medical records to be accessed by police chiefs thereby, with full discretion, putting them in a position to act as an MD.

PTSD-denied, anxiety-denied, depression caused by a death in the family-denied. That is far more infuriating and unconstitutional to me than a 7 round magazine per the 5th and 14th amendments.

No Compromise.

I don't know. The guy I talked to today when I called my rep didn't mention specifics. Like you, I don't like any of it.

Just spoke to my Representative, who is a "friendly acquaintance." They said that the process in MA is very different than what happened in NY. The Governor floats bills, but the House and Senate also do and the three never agree (even though they are all Democrats or Democrat-dominated). There is a lot of discussion, process, etc. that will occur with public hearings and debate - sort of what we learned about in civics class. The Governor is setting a high bar, so that something less than this will be seen as a victory. While the result may not be good, at least it won't be crammed down our throats, I am assured.

While that is all well and good, let us not forget the following:

RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

Our brothers in NY were stamped out in the dead of night, which served as an early warning sign for us here, if we get the chance they never had, to fight these unconstitutional directives, we must adhere to the above.

While we have strength in numbers we also need to focus on our own sphere of influence, doing everything we can within our resources.

You have to realize, this is a negotiation. The bill has enough fat in it to be trimmed. Like the OP said, so it will look like a victory. I can see some crap happening with the mental health issue, the "gun show" loophole, and maybe some other crap, but I am also optimistic that some fat will be trimmed off this bill, and hopefully our magazine capacity is part of it.
For now, chin up, and don't speculate the worst.

Yeah, and this negotiation will still result in a "compromise" of the original bill that will be just slightly less shitty. Lucky us, we only got f*cked once instead of twice!

Can we start proposing more bills restoring some 2nd amendment rights? We should have bills repealing the 10 round mag restriction, the AWB, EOPSS and AG list, and every other ridiculous restriction. THAT would be a negotiation.

WTB: New F5 keyboard key. Mine's just about had it from this last month and especially day of reading this forum.

That depends, I don't want to help you commit a felony. Have you bought any other keys in the past 30 days? What about mice or other computer input devices/accessories?

That depends, I don't want to help you commit a felony. Have you bought any other keys in the past 30 days? What about mice or other computer input devices/accessories?
dont forget to check with his physician to see if he is competent to use an F5 key responsibly

Just spoke to my Representative, who is a "friendly acquaintance." They said that the process in MA is very different than what happened in NY. The Governor floats bills, but the House and Senate also do and the three never agree (even though they are all Democrats or Democrat-dominated). There is a lot of discussion, process, etc. that will occur with public hearings and debate - sort of what we learned about in civics class. The Governor is setting a high bar, so that something less than this will be seen as a victory. While the result may not be good, at least it won't be crammed down our throats, I am assured.

Good. You should come on Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, the devil has pushed one gun a month in the past and has been shot down every time.

There was no CT then

dfgh5656566.JPG

qm.gif

Last edited:
The General Court tends not to do what Deval wants. Can't quite figure out why other than he is not really one of them so they do not provide him any consideration.

Pay more attention to what DeLeo and Murray want to do. It's more likely their bills would make it through.

This.

Don't panic, you may only get screwed half as hard as you thought and if you're really good they might use a drop of lube.

Riiiiggghht.

Fact is, things suck for you guys and they're about to get worse. The degree of worse has yet to be ironed out, but it's not getting better. I don't think people should calm down because their rights may only be infringed a little more, versus a lot more. I think this kind of panic is long overdue.

Funny, I was just going to post something like this. I was talking to a friend who works at the state house and he told me that these laws that are on the books can take up to two years to actually go into effect if they even pass at all, which is still up to a vote.

These are all just ideas right now. Thank God.

Fact is, things suck for you guys and they're about to get worse. The degree of worse has yet to be ironed out, but it's not getting better. I don't think people should calm down because their rights may only be infringed a little more, versus a lot more. I think this kind of panic is long overdue.

Panicing and arm flapping doesn't fix the problem though. It only makes other people act just as retarded. It's not doing anythhing productive. There are a myriad of other things someone can do, some I won't list in public, that are better than running around windmilling and asking where to apply the lube, though. If we let these bastards get to us, on any level, then they win.

-Mike

Don't panic, you may only get screwed half as hard as you thought and if you're really good they might use a drop of lube.

Riiiiggghht.

pretty much this.

Now is hardly the time to relax because some guy on the internet told you that "MA doesn't work like NY." The reality of the situation is that the Deval and Linsky's bills are just the beginning, and need to be stomped into the ground. Only a full bore effort into contacting your reps and other things is going to help accomplish that.

Panicing and arm flapping doesn't fix the problem though. It only makes other people act just as retarded. It's not doing anythhing productive. There are a myriad of other things someone can do, some I won't list in public, that are better than running around windmilling and asking where to apply the lube, though. If we let these bastards get to us, on any level, then they win.

-Mike

I agree. I meant panic more in the "Holy shit I need to get off my ass and do something" sense. Not the moonbat sense.

Back
Top Bottom