• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't leave a weapon in your car at Disney

appraiser

NES Member
Disney World visitors report missing guns, one replaced with a stapler

Two tourists have reported their weapons disappeared while they were visiting the Walt Disney World resort recently.

Marshall Fox, who was visiting from Texas, told the Orlando Sentinel he discovered his .45-caliber semi-automatic was gone when he checked the gun case in his glove compartment and found the weapon had been replaced by a stapler.

Fox believes the gun was stolen while the vehicle was valet-parked at the Animal Kingdom Lodge resort in mid-June.

In the second case, Kristoffer Lumby, a visitor from Missouri, said he last saw his gun June 30 in the parking lot of the Magic Kingdom. He visited all four parks and Disney Springs.

Lumby said it’s possible the Glock fell out of the vehicle door pocket.

Both cases remain open, the Sentinel said Friday.

Disney World rules prohibit firearms, ammunition, knives and weapons of any kind on resort property.

Well, that's just terminally stupid. Even if the valet people didn't steal it, if I was a car-stuff-thief a valet lot in the middle of nowhere is probably a great place for
thieves.... a bunch of cars parked for people who aren't going to claim them for hours and hours....

-Mike

Extra Points Awarded if stapler left was a vintage Swingline...

s-l1000.jpg

You let a valet park your car with a gun in the glove box? I never, ever use valet parking, let alone with a gun in the car. Why the hell you'd let a stranger in your car escapes me. I can think of a dozen things in my truck console that I wouldn't want people touching.
I’ve seen ferris Bueller‘s Day off. I have a little sports car....Oh HELL no to the valet for SO many reasons.

You would have to be goofy to leave a gun in your car at Disney.

I’m on the “just not going” path. My kids have asked and I’be said no.
1. Florida - no. Too hot.
2. Metal detectors - another deal breaker
3. Stupid expensive
4. Crowds

I’m planning a North Rim if Grand Canyon trip. No desire to ever get ripped off by a rat any more than at the movies.

I’m on the “just not going” path. My kids have asked and I’be said no.
1. Florida - no. Too hot.
2. Metal detectors - another deal breaker
3. Stupid expensive
4. Crowds

I’m planning a North Rim if Grand Canyon trip. No desire to ever get ripped off by a rat any more than at the movies.
X2

If I’m getting f***ed, I at least require a reach around.

Why the hell you'd let a stranger in your car escapes me.

On Wednesday my mother was discharged from the hospital. I used valet parking. It was easier. I could stay with my mother while they fetched my car (she was in no shape to walk to the parking garage). And I avoid leaving valuables in my car.

So, here is my only real question...

Magazines or Clips...?
344013_p

How about don't leave anything valuable in your car at all when your handing your keys to a bunch of minimum wage or lower chumly's .
No one gets my keys except my wife and trusted family members. I have refused valet parking. I tell them that it is a company vehicle and I could be fired for letting a non-employee drive it for any reason. I am usually just directed to self-park areas.

Extra Points Awarded if stapler left was a vintage Swingline...

s-l1000.jpg

Why? Is it particularly valuable or collectible?

I have one of those in my range bag; it was.my Dad's. Must be nearly 60 years old, now that I think on it. Still works just fine, though.

Back
Top Bottom