• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

dont know which gun to choose

hello guys and gals. i am in a situation of not knowing which gun to buy. i plan on purchasing this gun within the next month and its between the ruger sr9 and the m&p series 9. they both offer good things but i just can't make up my mind [frown]. any input would be great.[banana]

It's what ever feels better really up to you. I'm getting a sr9 as soon as my ltc comes in. I've shot both I just like the feel of the sr9 over the m&p

My sr9c has an extremely good trigger out of the box is very reliable and my edc. Why you would want to spend hundreds more Oman m&p with a trigger job is beyond me

yuck. those are your choices? if you held a lorcin to my head and made me pick one? M&P and then of course send it to get a trigger job. i don't understand the appeal of buying a gun which comes from the factory essentially broken and then is permanently limited to retard-mags--but i am not going to get too far into the M&P bashing. i almost bought one--but bought a glock instead and couldn't be happier.

but like i said, if given your two options and only your two options i'd pick the M&P.

I bought an SR9 as my first handgun. I got mine used, with the magazine disconnect already removed. It is a great shooter, and I like the trigger on it. It does piss me off every time I look at the neutered magazines though.

But, I bought it used for $350, and I have no complaints with it at all. You see them used at this price all the time.

I did shoot an M&P up at MFL, and I did not like it, and that was without the MA trigger.

ok so what im getting from this is both guns are good. they both fit pretty well on me thats the thing. i still have to do more research on it and really pick which one im gonna buy. but thanks for the input guys all help is great.[rockon]

Like it has been said before get the one you feel the most comfortable shooting with. If you do the experience will be much more enjoyable in the long run.

Have both M&P and Ruger for out of box buy Ruger far better trigger from factor. if you get M&P spend 89.00 for Apex dutyt carry kit, if not get Ruger hands down better trigger Period!

For less money than the M&P with a trigger job you could fairly easily find yourself a nice used Glock 17. That would probably be a better gun, as long as it fits your hand. You also wouldn't be limited to 10rnd mags with their being so many pre-bans floating around.

I had the same debate myself. I ended up with the SR9C and love it. I've met a number of people at my club with the M&P and we've traded off and stock the trigger on the SR9 is much better. I also found the grip on the SR9C and SR9 more suited to my hand. While construction on the M&P may be a little more solid, I have had 1,300 rounds through my SR9c with no hang ups, FTF or FTE. My vote, Sr9.

My SR9C works perfect, but if you wont get ltc ALP, get the full size. [wink]
ya i have my LTC ALP which helps hahah. but ya def appreciate the input im going to the gun shop in a few days to see which one fits my hands and how it fits on me. i have to check out my gun club though and see if anyone has the sr9 and or the m&p 9 and fire it.
[mg]

+1 for SR9c, (unless those are your only choices) Trigger on the compact model is the best out of the SR family. Those that have had the sr9, i believe have / had been very pleased with performance out of box. I liked mine, but have since moved on to glocks for EDC.

Sr9c +1, if you do go with the m&p business end customs seems to have a good deal on updated sights and a trigger job as a package. I would look into that. But I would go with the ruger, love mine.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I went between these two guns for a while as well, and chose the MP9c... Man, the MA trigger is absolute trash. Couldn't hit the freaking paper. BEC currently has it and is bringing her down to a 5-5.5 carry trigger. Looking forward to the range this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom