• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't give to the NRA

Now that I have your attention.. Being that in Massachusetts, the Gun Owners Action League http://www.goal.org provides the unified voice of MA gun owners on Beacon Hill, I was thinking of eliminating any of my normal NRA donations this year and giving them to GOAL. Actually, giving them to their legislative division GO-PAC.

What do you think?

*** and, I do hope all of you MA residents are members of GOAL *** and no, I don't work for them.

Edited to make GOAL link hot. (Derek)

centermass181 said:
At Harvard Sportsmans Club, Im pretty sure NRA membership is mandatory.

As an FYI, most gun clubs (not all, but most) make NRA membership mandatory. Hubby and I belong to the Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun Club and it's 100% NRA. They're also an Assoc. member club of GOAL. There are a couple clubs I've heard of that are 100% GOAL and optional NRA.

I've always given to both, as well as GOA. I like GOA - they don't seem to cave in or compromise. (For those that aren't familiar with them - it's Gun Owners of America) They aren't as big as the NRA, which is a shame. FWIW...

My donations go to NHFC and SAF.

This must be the oldest zombie resurrection in the history of the Internet. 14 years.... Wow!

I know, I was about to respond that Harvard removed the NRA membership requirement years ago...then I saw that this thread was posted in 2005! Harvard definitely still had the requirement back then!

I maintain a membership as per requirements of the club I belong to, but when I receive one of the frequent calls from the NRA asking for more money, I make sure I tell the person on the other line they aren't getting anything but the bare minimum from me until Wayne is gone and that some confidence is instilled that my membership dues aren't going into the pockets of the board. I also make sure I ask for them to log my response so that it is heard.

ahhh this again. the old they abandoned mass a long time ago thread. Id love to know what people think would happen if the NRA disbanded. Is it perfect of course not, is it necessary? Yes. Stop with the non sense.

Theres a strong anti-nra in the younger firearms community- mostly because they seem to want to just cater to sowing fear and distrust among the older community to enhance their profits while doing literally nothing to expand or maintain rights- a common place to point to is their handling over of bump stocks with nothing in return, the blind backing of our stop and frisk take the guns first president, and many other things.

Reality is the truth is in the middle somewhere. They haven't done a great job, and currently they look like a bunch of morons after the last NRA meeting fiasco, but getting rid of them would be far more detrimental to rights than trying to fix them.

Last edited:
Theres a strong anti-nra in the younger firearms community- mostly because they seem to want to just cater to sowing fear and distrust among the older community to enhance their profits while doing literally nothing to expand or maintain rights- a common place to point to is their handling over of bump stocks with nothing in return, the blind backing of our stop and frisk take the guns first president, and many other things.

Reality is the truth is in the middle somewhere. They haven't done a great job, and currently they look like a bunch of morons after the last NRA meeting fiasco, but getting rid of them would be far more detrimental to rights than trying to fix them.
Is giving them my money going to help fix them? Serious question I'm posing to the NES brain trust. My membership expires this month.

The only way to get a vote to help fix the problem is to donate, so yes.
Wrong! Only way to vote is to be a member for 5 consecutive years or a life member. Donations don't count!

My Wife and I are life members but don't donate anything to them anymore due to their mis-use of funds and not truly standing up for our rights. We still get a ballot each year.

Back
Top Bottom